Getting P45 for Raleigh

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Helios, Oct 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On the required documents list for Raleigh it says bring your P45. My last employer was William Hill some 8 months ago. They sent me my P45 once I quit yet somehow I've lost it. So I phoned them up and asked them to send me another one out which I didn't think would be a problem and was their responsibility as my last employer anyway. They've since told me they can't and that they need me to bring a P46 to Raleigh, to be filled in by the Royal Navy, and to then be sent to them.

So, I might not be able to bring a P45 to Raleigh and I'm just wondering how this will effect things, especially me getting paid.

It's quite ridiculous that they can't send me another one out. I know, its also ridiculous that I lost one in the first place but correct me if I'm wrong, aren't they supposed to send another one if I need it?
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You only need to provide evidence of pay earned (Pay statements, P60 or P45) & tax paid from 05 April 2007, in order that you pay the correct rate of tax when you join, otherwise you will be taxed on temporary "emergency" tax code intially. If you get over-taxed you will get it back anyway.

Your former employer has already fulfiled it's obligation to you & since that was before 05/04/2007, then I'd be inclined not to worry unduly.
  3. Helios
    If you had read your P45 you would have noticed that it was YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to take care of it and that a duplicate would not be issued.
    If you really want to serve in the RN then you will have to learn to be responsible for your own actions. Not only that, but as you are promoted or advanced you will then become responsible for the actions of your subordinates
  4. Well I can provide evidence of pay but not tax paid from 05 April 2007. Which I suppose wont matter much seeing as how I haven't worked since about march. Thanks NS.

I realise that.
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"Check, check, check. Stoppage!
    The bolt is fully to the rear.
    On looking inside you can see the chamber is empty and the magazine is empty.
    Unload empty magazine; reload fresh magazine.
    Bolt release.
    Forward assist.
    Carry on firing"

Fookin' 'ell, Slim - you nearly run out ammo there! Helios only asked a simple question and got the requisite answer from Ninja Stoker. Losing an expired P45 is hardly grounds for negligence..! 8O :?
  6. You are correct SgtP
    However it was his comments where he seemed to place the responsibility for the P45 loss and replacement onto his ex employer which pissed me off.
    Now who's is he gong to blame for the loss of an ID card?
    The reggies, the writers or himself?
  7. The cashpoint machine of course!