Getting Married???

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by AndyStano, Jul 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

i passed my RT back in March, got my medical and interview coming up, but i was just wondering, im planning on getting married in August 2013, its gonna be abroad for 2 weeks with the whole family, my AFCO has advised that i will more than likely be in service by then as my branch has one of the shortest waiting times, obviously i dont wanna book my wedding if im not going to be able to attend so basically im just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of what the Navy's view will be on this?

thank you in advance for your replies

2. They answered your question already. Plan it when you actually know whats going on.

3. Don't do it!

Think how many slack jawed Plymothians and Pompey scutters you'll be missing out on, not to mention all the foreign birds on deployment. Marriage is wasted on matelots.

4. True,..infact you could if your intended is adamant she wants marriage, get a stand in.
    For £500 a month I will marry her, service her on a regular basis, and even for a little extra Father children for you.
    Alternatively you could get a quick marriage, move her to Pompey and let others do it for free. Rowner is the way Forward.:laughing2::laughing2:

• Like Like x 1
  5. You dont want to book the wedding if your not able to attend!Yeah i'd say thats a good call!

6. Depends where you are and if you can be spared. I asked and got special leave for my wedding AND honeymoon.

7. Honeymoon? You never took me you tight bastard.:laughing2:

8. In 2 years!!Why dont you get married next month and end of problem!

9. Because im getting married abroad, and with 40 plus family members wanting to attend they all need notice to plan and pay for it

10. Which elements of your wedding do you need to book so very far in advance, Andy?

11. Have a read of this you selfish ******:

The Daily Mash - Weddings in stupid places to bankrupt Britain

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  12. Yup...local Legion, for a few wets before hand, bimble off to the duty Devil Dodger, , then off to the Donner Kebab shop for big eats, lashings of Guinness at your favourite watering hole, cowp the new wife at the earliest opportunity (usually after you have sobered up next day) apologise to her family/friends for spewing up over the wedding cake/bridesmaids etc.....job done! Simples innit?

Probably better to marry after your first draft etc....otherwise you will probably find yourself divorced by the time you get back......

13. Local butchers daughter got married in church about 200 yds from where she lived, had a 3 tier pork pie instead of wedding cake.

Choice of fish,chips and mushy peas or bangers and mash with onion gravy at wedding feast.

• Like Like x 1

14. Thats what I like in a woman, the ability to produce a little swank.

15. Whos wedding is this?Why do i get the feeling your letting the future bride and the mother in law call the shots!Stop being such a pussy whipped whimp grow a pair and have a more practical wedding over here at the end of the year.

16. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

17. haven't you seen either Hangover movies :-D

18. its actually my idea to get married abroad, dont fancy getting married over here

19. Hi Soleil,

its gunna be a 2 week thing in the caribbean so need to book it soon as ya see, but obviously dont wanna let the whole bunch of family and firends pay for it only to have to cancel

20. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Seen bits and pieces of the first one.

Is this RR's very own 'four funerals and a wedding'? What four bastards are going to die?