Getting Married???

Hi everyone,

i passed my RT back in March, got my medical and interview coming up, but i was just wondering, im planning on getting married in August 2013, its gonna be abroad for 2 weeks with the whole family, my AFCO has advised that i will more than likely be in service by then as my branch has one of the shortest waiting times, obviously i dont wanna book my wedding if im not going to be able to attend so basically im just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of what the Navy's view will be on this?

thank you in advance for your replies

Don't do it!

Think how many slack jawed Plymothians and Pompey scutters you'll be missing out on, not to mention all the foreign birds on deployment. Marriage is wasted on matelots.

Don't do it!

Think how many slack jawed Plymothians and Pompey scutters you'll be missing out on, not to mention all the foreign birds on deployment. Marriage is wasted on matelots.
True,..infact you could if your intended is adamant she wants marriage, get a stand in.
For £500 a month I will marry her, service her on a regular basis, and even for a little extra Father children for you.
Alternatively you could get a quick marriage, move her to Pompey and let others do it for free. Rowner is the way Forward.:laughing2::laughing2:

Because im getting married abroad, and with 40 plus family members wanting to attend they all need notice to plan and pay for it
Have a read of this you selfish ******:

The Daily Mash - Weddings in stupid places to bankrupt Britain

MILLIONS of Britons are facing financial ruin because their friends keep getting married in distant, expensive places they have only visited once.

'I'm losing my house, you *******'​

New data shows 64 per cent of households listed friends' foreign weddings, which are basically compulsory holidays to places they do not really want to visit, as the foremost drain on their already embattled finances.

Julian Cook, chief economist at Donnelly-McPartlin, said: "Making all your dearest schlep out to the Cayman Islands when you're from Birmingham is a way of saying 'this is our special day, and if anyone complains it's because they hate the idea of love in any form and have a pus-filled blister where their heart should be'.

"Having a wedding is like being a baby again. You can do more or less what you want and everyone you know just has to handle it."

He added: "Historically, the people getting married would do so where they lived. Chances were that many of the invited guests would also hail from the area, making it a pretty good set-up for all concerned, logistically speaking.

"You could get the whole thing done and dusted in a day and nobody had to bugger about with hire cars and typhoid injections.

"However somewhere along the line some marketing bastards decided the local approach wasn't 'memorable' enough and basically rewired the whole thing into a big ******* nightmare.

"Similarly it was quite good when stag or hen parties happened in pub function rooms with a pass-the-hat-round stripper and did not involve eight days of Bulgarian quad biking."

Martin Bishop, 31, from Finsbury Park, said : "This year I've been to seven weddings in nine countries.

"I can no longer afford to eat and simply fill up on cake and as many of those little smoked salmon vol au vents as I can cram into my cheeks.

"I wish all my friends were dead."

Last edited:
Yup...local Legion, for a few wets before hand, bimble off to the duty Devil Dodger, , then off to the Donner Kebab shop for big eats, lashings of Guinness at your favourite watering hole, cowp the new wife at the earliest opportunity (usually after you have sobered up next day) apologise to her family/friends for spewing up over the wedding cake/bridesmaids etc.....job done! Simples innit?

Probably better to marry after your first draft etc....otherwise you will probably find yourself divorced by the time you get back......

Local butchers daughter got married in church about 200 yds from where she lived, had a 3 tier pork pie instead of wedding cake.

Choice of fish,chips and mushy peas or bangers and mash with onion gravy at wedding feast.

Local butchers daughter got married in church about 200 yds from where she lived, had a 3 tier pork pie instead of wedding cake.

Choice of fish,chips and mushy peas or bangers and mash with onion gravy at wedding feast.

Thats what I like in a woman, the ability to produce a little swank.

Whos wedding is this?Why do i get the feeling your letting the future bride and the mother in law call the shots!Stop being such a pussy whipped whimp grow a pair and have a more practical wedding over here at the end of the year.

Hi Soleil,

its gunna be a 2 week thing in the caribbean so need to book it soon as ya see, but obviously dont wanna let the whole bunch of family and firends pay for it only to have to cancel

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Nearest & Dearest 23
wkdwren Diamond Lil's 18
S The Quarterdeck 8