Getting into the RN

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by theone2029, Dec 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Im now to these forums.
    I have applied to join the royal navy in the CIS branch.
    So far I have compleated all the tests and have now only got the fitness test to pass tomorrow.
    I have a question tho, once I have compleated the fitness test and have my final interview how long to I have to wait to know I have been accepted and get a joining date?
    Would be great if anyone could give me an idea.

2. Have you not had your interview yet?

I would imagine that if you have, then you have provisionally been accepted into Raleigh assuming you pass the medical/fitness part. So would jsut be a question of waiting for your date.
  3. well done so far, but not sure how long you will have to wait. all the best shippers !
  4. I have passed the aptitude test and the selection interview. I passed the medical and only have the fitness test left which is tomorrow.
    I believe then I have the final briefing.
    Just wondered what happened at the final briefing and how long after I have to wait for a start date.
  5. Not sure on the start date mate. I have the medical and fitness test left. I am also going CIS so maybe I will join up at the same time as you.
  6. to be honest probably a couple a months! cant see it being any longer ;)
  7. Ahh awsome, your the first person I have spoken to that is also going for CIS.
    I been told theres a 3 month wait from being accepted to going to Raleigh just wanted to get a good idea of the wait times for everything.

When do you have your medical?
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

CIS is a shortage category, so if you pass the PJFT, have submitted your correctly completed Security Clearance form, have a valid passport & ensured your references have replied, you could be joining as early as February/March 09.

The final entry brief does what it says on the tin- it gives you all your joining information such as rail warrant, train times, kit list, documentation list, and answers all your pre-joining queries.

Good luck.
  9. hi just to let you know i passed my pjft and got my joining date two days later, that was end of November and my joining date is 18 Jan but they did offer me an earlier date. Like Ninja has said it is a shortage category so it will be pretty quick!

May see you down there!
  10. Thanks for the replys guys :D

Gotta leave in like 45 mins to do my PJFT, god im nervous lol.
  11. Best of luck. No doubt you'll be fine. Come back on here and tell us how well you did.
  12. I passed :D
    did the run in 12 mins

Just got to wait till the 5th to contact AFCO

Anyone knows what happens next?
  13. Congratulations :wav:

As long as you're references have been recieved and security clearance completed, you just have to continue your fitness and await a letter confirming your start date.

14. 15th Jan mate.
  15. well good luck Black2Blue
    Hope to see you at basic lol

I guess I just have to play the waiting game now.
  16. Ninja_Stoker

They ask you if you had a bad leg. TWELVE minutes !!!

Assuming you've ensured both referees have replied, you've completed & returned your security questionnaire & are in possession of a valid passport, then your AFCO will most likely bid for an allocated entry date for you.

In the meantime you need to download & seriously follow the Pre joining Fitness Programme because you are likely to be joining soon.

Good luck.
  17. lol I wasnt greatly fit
    I have been working on my fitness for awhile
    I will be keeping up with my fitness while I await my start date.
    Tho I know my AFCO is closed untill the 5th.

I know my referances have compleated there part and I have handed in my security form, how long does it take for me to get a starting date?
  18. Ninja_Stoker

Generally most trades NORMALLY find out their entry date a "term" ahead. (ie those joining after easter & before summer will normally notified between Jan-March).

That said, as CIS is a shortage trade, you may only get 4-6 weeks' notice of a start date. If you tell your AFCO you can join in less than two week's notice, you may even get a short-notice cancellation- less than 4 weeks notice.
  19. Thank you very much for your help
    Im kinda nervous about everything lol

Well i have told my AFCO that I can join ASAP so I dunno how that would affect everything.

I am keen to get into the navy and prove my worth