Getting home

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by muskovardo, Nov 28, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Couldn't find anything on the search for my specific enquiry. Just wondering how easy it is to get home from phase 2. I'm going to be at Sultan.

Is there any sort of system for getting lifts from people in the same area and you pay them or is it train or drive yourself? Been looking at train prices and they are ridiculous.

Also unsure if I will qualify for get you home pay as the mortgage just has my girlfriends name on but I'm on all of the bills and council tax.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

2. Travel wise

1 HM Armed Forces Rail card
    2 someone might be heading your wave a few of you together pay for petrol (normally not much)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cheers Chris. Hopefully there will be someone from my area going home. When I did a look at life course earlier in the year they said in your first year you get a few extra rail warrants any idea on how many?

4. Don't have a clue, waiting to get in my self (again) but people I know pay £10 each for a lift back, if it's full car it's cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You'll get extra warrants when you first join up but how many depends on what month you join up I believe

6. Cool cheers for that wrecker, fingers crossed for lifts though be alot cheaper!

7. Obviously not cheaper than warrants