Getting a haircut before basic training

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by SRT1, Oct 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If I get a short haircut before I go to Raleigh do I still have to have one when I arrive? It seems like a waste to pay for one if I end up having to pay for another one next week.

2. I agree.
    Answer please?

3. Quite probably. I would wait until you get there. The recruits hair cut is a tradition and part of the induction process, the first part of the team bonding experience. Why would you not want to be a part of that?

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

5. Perhaps we ought to have a 'task book' for newbies. First of all they should carry out a search function on a range of topics including press-ups, suitcases and haircuts etc before they are permitted to post.

6. Jimmy it's too many working parts

7. on the note of suitcases, how big a suitcase would you rec......

8. Biggest fecker you can find shippers, after all how else will you get your xbox, ipod, flat screes tv with surround sound and PC to Raleigh?

9. well I was thinking about living at home and commuting to Raleigh every day if I'm honest, save me hauling up my Xbox, PC and antique oak four poster ;)

10. Then you only need a small handbag :lol:

11. big enough to hold my chihuaha though

12. Simples - Develop alopecia.

Sorted.

13. A little like Charles' perhaps. I hope you don't have his dress sense.

14. I didn't want to make a bad first impression by turning up with long hair.

15. Don't worry if your hair is long, once you've been there for a day it will be very very short, just like everyone else's. You'll get a no. 2, but personally I don't like my hair that long. Bloody hippies.

16. That's great, thank you. Before I had my interview in January my hair was much longer and reached half way down my back.

17. I turned up with a big pair of curtains down over my ears (well it was 1990,"Time for the Guru" and I was 16) and the barber told me to take my hat off. Then he proceeded to shear it off Grade 1 right down the middle. It was like a scene from "Stripes"!.

Took me 2 years to grow it back to a decent length, although I spent a fortune in hair gel trying to hide it from the Reggies.

Bald as a fcuking coot now - I'm think of sueing ShockWaves :D