Getting a haircut before basic training

If I get a short haircut before I go to Raleigh do I still have to have one when I arrive? It seems like a waste to pay for one if I end up having to pay for another one next week.

SRT1 said:
If I get a short haircut before I go to Raleigh do I still have to have one when I arrive? It seems like a waste to pay for one if I end up having to pay for another one next week.
I agree.
Answer please?

SRT1 said:
If I get a short haircut before I go to Raleigh do I still have to have one when I arrive?
Quite probably. I would wait until you get there. The recruits hair cut is a tradition and part of the induction process, the first part of the team bonding experience. Why would you not want to be a part of that?

Perhaps we ought to have a 'task book' for newbies. First of all they should carry out a search function on a range of topics including press-ups, suitcases and haircuts etc before they are permitted to post.

Jimmy_Green said:
SRT1 said:
If I get a short haircut before I go to Raleigh do I still have to have one when I arrive?
Quite probably. I would wait until you get there. The recruits hair cut is a tradition and part of the induction process, the first part of the team bonding experience. Why would you not want to be a part of that?
I didn't want to make a bad first impression by turning up with long hair.

SRT1 said:
Jimmy_Green said:
SRT1 said:
Don't worry if your hair is long, once you've been there for a day it will be very very short, just like everyone else's. You'll get a no. 2, but personally I don't like my hair that long. Bloody hippies.

Jimmy_Green said:
SRT1 said:
Jimmy_Green said:
SRT1 said:
Don't worry if your hair is long, once you've been there for a day it will be very very short, just like everyone else's. You'll get a no. 2, but personally I don't like my hair that long. Bloody hippies.
That's great, thank you. Before I had my interview in January my hair was much longer and reached half way down my back.

SRT1 said:
I turned up with a big pair of curtains down over my ears (well it was 1990,"Time for the Guru" and I was 16) and the barber told me to take my hat off. Then he proceeded to shear it off Grade 1 right down the middle. It was like a scene from "Stripes"!.

Took me 2 years to grow it back to a decent length, although I spent a fortune in hair gel trying to hide it from the Reggies.

Bald as a fcuking coot now - I'm think of sueing ShockWaves :D