Get your puffta jokes in now.

D

Deleted 493

Your the font of all knowledge and probably thought you'd have an opinion on it ?

p.s Thought I'd pop in midweek while my caseworker has left her phone unattended......
Not really. Why would I?

levers

Seems that #32 - Being chippy victims, remains totally valid if this 'article' is anything to go by.

Still, gives us Jocks a rest from time to time when there is a scouser present.
True, I'm from N Wales originally, surrounded by scousers.

Stand by for "jokes" about sheep, "water off a ducks back".

D

Deleted 493

Anyone seen Slim?

I'd have thought he'd be back all over this like thrush on a helmet.

Haven't seen him for days now. ROMFT too. Has he skipped across the channel in a dingy?

levers

fishhead

War Hero
Anyone seen Slim?

I'd have thought he'd be back all over this like thrush on a helmet.

Haven't seen him for days now. ROMFT too. Has he skipped across the channel in a dingy?

levers
I've not a clue where @slim has gone and care even less. However, there is just a chance that he has realised he has a life outside of swapping insults with strangers on the internet and has gone to partake of it. It took him a lot longer to get fed up with it than most of us but I'm hoping he has signaled an end to hostilities and everyone can return to barracks.

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've not a clue where @slim has gone and care even less. However, there is just a chance that he has realised he has a life outside of swapping insults with strangers on the internet and has gone to partake of it. It took him a lot longer to get fed up with it than most of us but I'm hoping he has signaled an end to hostilities and everyone can return to barracks.
Aye!

Back to this thread's title/subject:

From Guardian* interview with J Clary:

“But can you go on doing buggery jokes into your 70s and 80s? I don’t want to be one of those comedians who plays to ever-dwindling audiences. I met Danny La Rue in Australia once and he was doing a tour of care homes. I did think: ‘Fuck me, does it come to that in the end?’”

<<...His first reviews prompted plenty of “Get This Poof Off Our Screens!” headlines: “Things the Daily Mail wouldn’t even print now,” he notes...

...Although he recalls it with some embarrassment, he thinks a nasty case of anal warts probably saved him from contracting HIV. “It’s one of those things you realise in retrospect, where you think – gosh, maybe there is a God after all?” he laughs. “Because I was very keen on it … and then I got the warts, and I was so mortified I wouldn’t let anyone investigate that orifice for quite some time.”...>

*Guardian Culture?...: ROLLS EYES:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JockJack Diamond Lil's 30
janner Miscellaneous 57
taffscrivs The Gash Barge 34