Get you home pay

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by FunkyJunky, Mar 14, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. with a new assignment looming. What do you need to prove to qualify for this?

    I live with the other half and pay her rent as such and I pay a couple of the bills...
  2. A miracle.

    Especially in the age of paperless billing. I have no idea why you have to prove it again upon every single new assignment. I used a printed credit card bill and a printed screen grab of my gas bill.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. exJenny

    exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

    Council tax bill.
  4. It's ok: I have to prove to the pusser that I lived in a Married Quarter. When I pointed out to the Chief Writer he could look at my JPA to confirm this, he said evidence of paying for it from my wage wasn't actually proof enough....
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ninja_Stoker

    Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator


    Best way around this conundrum is to knock on the UPO door during the afternoon, ignoring the 2 metre tall "UPO CLOSED" sign. Ask the CPOWTR how many sea drafts they've had, that always gets them in a helpful frame of mind, I find.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. It's all recently changed and now even married personnel have to provide proof. The documentation required has also changed and the requirements can be found in the "friendly" local UPO - just point out that you want to make it as easy as possible for the "new" writer that'll be looking after you and this magically makes things a lot easier.

    Off the top of my head, you'll require the following:

    Copy of Council Tax for the current financial year.
    Tenancy Agreement/Mortgage Documentation/Land Registry Agreement
    Utility Bill dated within last three months.

    Bear in mind, however, some UPOs do have their own requirements on this and some might want a little bit more(some like to see 5 pieces of evidence), so you may want to give them a call and ask exactly what they require from you. The worst thing you can do is to not ask them.
  7. So, effectively, they're making up their own "local" rules. Nice.
  8. Pretty much, although ships are much better for keeping to the actual rules.
    Collingrad are certainly one of the worst for this, especially if you have to use your own transport for a duty trip.
  9. exJenny

    exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

    It was always a matter of "well it depends how you interpret what it says in the JSP" in my UPO time. I was always nice and helpful... It was SPVA that screwed things up.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. It's pretty clearly laid out now.

    And I always blame JPAC for everything, even for stuff that it has nothing to do with.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. I always used to blame Centurion :headbang:
  12. Limited to LSAP, ID Cards and miscellaneous stuff now. But they can still be blamed. :)
  13. It used to baffle me that with LSAP on my house (the navy owned 10% of my house) I still had to prove I owned said house every 6 months.
    Then when you do provide the evidence the writer calls you a week later to say you didn't provide the correct documents. When intact he's just left the documents on an oppos desk.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I used to find it all a little ****, after all the consequences of being caught fiddling your claims for anything in the pusser is so severe only a fcuking idiot would risk losing pension job security etc, as for scribes, I always got the feeling they thought it was their money they were giving away!!!
  15. Are you calling the elected idiots :)

    Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  16. OK, one for the Scribes, Get you home pay, way after my time so not sure exactly what it is, but here's a question for you, mate of a mate has a Daughter serving, she is now claiming she cannot afford to get home very often as pusser no longer pays travel, I told my mate that things had changed a lot since I left (4 warrants/CTM (or in my case combination, cause I read my BR) for Single and 12 for married unaccompanied per year), but I assured him she was probably bullshitting, and was either trying to con him into paying, or using it as en excuse not to visit, so if you could let me know just what single accommodated JRs are entitled to in the way of financial assistance/rail warrants

    Please note this will not be getting back to the father (not a mate of mine) and as a FISRT CLASS single on line for the Friday 13:10 from the Burgh is only £28.50 and back to the Burgh is again £28.50 on a Sunday @ 14:48 (cheaper than a Standard return ffs) I am pretty sure she is bullshitting
  17. exJenny

    exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

  18. If she's shoreside and doesn't have her own home (bought or rented) then she gets nothing if she is over 18. You get Get You Home Travel if you own or rent your own place whilst ashore living in barracks or alongside serving on a ship. You get Get You Home Seagoers if you are serving on a ship (10 trips a year to registered address). That's pretty much it so if she wanted to travel she'd need to pay for it.

    Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  19. So not bullshitting then, that's tight, when did leave rail warrants/ctms go out the window?
  20. I think the concept a few years ago was to direct the money at people who are serving on ships rather than those who are shore based.

    Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

Share This Page