Get you home pay.

Discussion in 'UPO' started by out for nout, Feb 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I was looking at buying a property, which was a 'static' caravan, which is in a caravan site, or a log cabin in the caravan site, as i cannot afford a mortgage.

    my question is, if i owned either a 'static' caravan or log cabin, which would be my home, and had proof of paying the rent, council tax, electricity etc.

    would i be eligible for any help or get you home pay, as this would be where i live on my leave periods and weekends off.

    Thanks for your time :)
  2. I'd like to think yes, you don't have to have a mortgage to claim GYHP, ie you can rent a property. Not sure what the exact qualifying criteria is but I think it's the paying council tax bit, you'll also have deeds stating you own the caravan/log cabin etc I guess.
  3. Wouldn't know where to start with GYH pay now - all the rules are in the process of changing as part of the nation's great squeeze on expenses and the like...
  4. so before the 'squeeze' would this have been possible?

    it would not be financially viable unless i qualified for get you home pay.
  5. You don't have to own a property to qualify for GYH pay.
  6. is there a webpage that explains the facts of get you home page?
    explaing what exactl is the requirements?

    been having a look but cant seem to find any information on it.
  7. The UPO would be your best bet, I think its JSP752 you need (Tri Service Regulations for Allowances)
  8. Never mind about GUH pay what about "Home To Duties" payments:grin:
  9. Seems to be okay. Just make sure you bring the correct proofs of residence.

    For everyones information, they've backed down from four pieces down to three, which should make things a lot easier...

Share This Page