get you home pay

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by ells, Jan 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. hi guys

    im just about to compleat the purchase of my first house with a lil help from my mum lol. i have hear that u can get get you home pay, how is this worked out and what kind of cash dose i mean il get.

    thanks ells
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Its worked out according to distance.
    And you only get the money when you are alongside in this country.
    If you are drafted in pompey and live in london you wont get very much. If you live in edinburgh you get a shit load. I know of of an ET2 who gets a killicks wage when hes alongside in pompey :)
  3. I hope she has filled in all the forms................................. :thumright:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. 'Get You Home Pay' is designed to pay for 2 journeys home a month from your place of work to home, be it by train/car etc... generally you should get 3 maybe 4 journeys paid for... if going by train book your tickets in advance on the web and you'll get 4 return journeys a month from GYH pay.
  5. I used to be based in Yeovil and live in Fareham, the GYHP pretty much paid for my petrol home every weekend as you get a little more on top to cover wear and tear if your driving it.
  6. the_matelot

    the_matelot War Hero Moderator

    If you lived 180-190 miles away from where you were based (for example), you would get around £205 tax free a month (which is what I get at the moment). I was 90 miles away and I was on £140 a month. You only get it if you bring to the UPO a copy of your council tax bill and mortgage payments.
  7. 4 people in a car, all chip in £40 (going to Scotland) and you get home 8 times a month

  8. Or proof of private renting.
  9. you dont have to prove anything if you took out LSAP

    as its there on your pay statement
  10. Not always the case! IE.. If your still paying LSAP for a house you no longer reside in.. the ex's!
  11. Or if it's a quarter as it's on file,
  12. the_matelot

    the_matelot War Hero Moderator

    You'd think that however yes you do need to provide proof to the UPO!
  13. Quick question on this! I'm thinking about moving to a different rented place that includes the council tax in the monthly I have to supply the council tax bill with my name on or will the tenancy agreement be enough??
  14. Can't help you with the info, but that's a stonking thread resurrection. A few months short of a decade!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Hahaha didn't notice lol
  16. So i will need a copy of my council tax and what other proof would i need?
  17. Just that IIRC

Share This Page