Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get you home pay (Faslane to NI)

Spudboy

Midshipman
Hi, I'm currently going through the recruitment process to join as a submariner. My home is in Northern Ireland and was wondering what I would be entitled to (if anything at all) , to help me get home once based In Faslane (all being well) Thanks in advance.

Spudboy

Midshipman
Just to add to my post, my wife and daughter would continue to reside in Northern Ireland. Glasgow to Belfast flights are fairly frequent but I think I am under the impression that the RN does not subsidise commercial flights. Maybe I'm wrong? Thanks again

soleil

War Hero
Welcome, Spudboy.

The chapter and verse for expenses/allowances is a policy document called JSP 752, which you can consult here:

I will leave it to one of the other posters to comment more specifically, though; it may be that one of them is in a similar situation and can add more detail for you.

Spudboy

Midshipman
Thankyou Soleil, I did expect more sarcasm towards my first post however its not too late for it. As you said, I would appreciate any current/ex personnel who have been in similar situations that could enlighten further (help me sweeten up the wife)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Many moons ago I frequently caught flights from Glasgow to Plymouth which the MoD paid for. Neptune also laid on free buses (or used to) from Faslane to Glasgow airport.

I believe they still do all the above.

Tigerpaw

Lantern Swinger
Hi, I'm currently going through the recruitment process to join as a submariner. My home is in Northern Ireland and was wondering what I would be entitled to (if anything at all) , to help me get home once based In Faslane (all being well) Thanks in advance.
Presuming you financially maintain the property yourself and can provide.proof by way of a council tax bill and utility bill (mobile phone not allowed) you will be able to get gyh(t) to NI.

If you're in a boat, then you'll also get warrants to use as well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Spudboy

Midshipman
Presuming you financially maintain the property yourself and can provide.proof by way of a council tax bill and utility bill (mobile phone not allowed) you will be able to get gyh(t) to NI.

If you're in a boat, then you'll also get warrants to use as well.

Reassuring, thankyou.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
@WreckerL , was the flight to Plymouth for home time or training /duty purposes, thanks for the insight
It was for extended weekend leave, if memory serves we had 1 warrant per month which we either used for flights or hire cars if all the flights were booked. Cars and flights all booked from Neptune so no need to go to the airport to get tickets.

Spudboy

Midshipman
Silly question for you I'm sure but could you elaborate on the term "warrant" for a civvy like myself, seems to be a few different terms for leave and I wouldn't mind getting to know them, thanks

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
A warrant in this context is a travel warrant which you can use for free train tickets, flights or even convert to mileage to claim petrol costs. Someone serving will be able to tell you how many you get. When you're on a sea draft you're entitled to more than when you're on a shore draft.

Spudboy

Midshipman
Knowing my luck I'd end up in faslane and the gyh would be a train ticket to Stranraer then the ferry to Belfast :rolleyes:

Spudboy

Midshipman
After reading through JSP 752 stumbled across this, not exactly sure what it is being honest with you but maybe one of you could help me understand, not familiar with claims and expenses. Ta!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191220_091904.jpg
    Screenshot_20191220_091904.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 19

Tigerpaw

Lantern Swinger
After reading through JSP 752 stumbled across this, not exactly sure what it is being honest with you but maybe one of you could help me understand, not familiar with claims and expenses. Ta!
I'm not 100% sure but this looks like it will be for personnel who are stationed in NI. As you're a resident, I'd imagine you'd be ineligible for it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FunkyJunky Get you home pay Finance & Pensions 36
M Is it true they are getting rid of Get You Home Pay? Finance & Pensions 16
P living apart get you home pay Finance & Pensions 1
O Get you home pay. UPO 8
S Take Home Pay Finance & Pensions 16
E get you home pay Finance & Pensions 17
MoD_RSS Home Secretary appoints former Chief Constable to support police recruitment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 54,800 customers claim tax relief for working from home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary and international partners tell tech companies to put child safety first MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than £1m in refunds secured for care home residents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Door supervisor with illegal home-made ‘licence’ sentenced to curfew MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Office responds to Windrush Lessons Learned Review MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New digital service to improve home energy performance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS US exports drive home success for UK golf trolley manufacturer MoD News 0
soleil FB: HMNB Portsmouth: "HMS Ledbury Returns Home From The Gulf" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary speech at the Police Superintendents' Association conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online services designed for home movers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than half a billion pounds to help people return home from hospital MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Office Minister visits London charity supporting Spanish and Portuguese speakers to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New help on offer for disabled people working from home during the pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Largest home antibody testing programme for COVID-19 publishes findings MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary appoints small boat commander MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The IAGCI invites tenders to evaluate the UK Home Office Country Information Products MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary sees first-hand the science supporting UK police MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pride at Home MoD News 0
soleil FB: Royal Naval Benevolent Trust - Go Ahead For RNBT’s Centenary Care Home Project, Admiral Jellicoe House. Charity 2
MoD_RSS Scottish home for Poseidon fleet reaches major milestone MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Do you need to leave your home area to achieve a better life? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary announces details of the Hong Kong BN(O) visa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS First virtual citizenship ceremony welcomed by Home Office minister MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Office minister commends Scottish charity's work supporting EU Settlement Scheme MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary signals Britain is open for business MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inspection report published: An inspection of the Handling of Complaints and MP’s Correspondence by the Home Office Borders, Immigration and Citizensh MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Exports bring home the bacon for UK family farm MoD News 0
soleil FB: Forces News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth Sails Back Into Her Home Port Of Portsmouth As A "Fully Trained" Aircraft Carrier" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Regular retesting rolled out for care home staff and residents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Swindon home furnishing company fails to meet recycling duties MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fitness Focus at home during lockdown MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary welcomes new chair of the MAC MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary chairs virtual ‘Five Eyes’ security summit MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Loneliness Minister: Write letters to people isolating at home MoD News 2
MoD_RSS Adjusting the curriculum for use in school and at home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A secondary school’s approach to adjusting the curriculum for use in school and at home MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Whole home testing rolled out to all care homes in England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Malaysia: first of its kind home-based activities to mark World Oceans Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS COVID-19 tests offered to every care home for elderly or those with dementia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS More than 17,000 helped to get home from across Africa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home Secretary oral statement on health measures at the border MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government to bring home more British travellers from Central and South America MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New flight from Jamaica to bring home British travellers MoD News 0