"get knotted" - 28th & 29th April

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by golden_rivet, Apr 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Know your knots"

HMS Belfast is teaching knots this weekend. May mainly attract children - not sure - sounds like fun though:

Knotty event on Belfast

apologies if I have posted on this before

2. Reef knot

Re-threaded figure of eight

Clothe Hitch

Italian Hitch

Alpine Butterfly

Figure of eight on the bight

overhand knot

"bunny ears"

How am i doing so far Goldie??
  3. Me and Mrs Lamri were Sea Cadets on the Belfast (yeah yeah, when life was in black and white for all you sprogs :D ). Thats how we met :)
    Is the unit still going does anyone know?
  4. No idea mate, as you know i was at the unit further down the road
  5. Yeah I left there at coming up to 17 and joined your "unit" :D
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

When I was a young thruster me and Mrs Blobby took our hunnymoon in London....I know, feckin sad or what........We visited HMS Belfast and the Old matelots on board there on finding out I was a young bootie and just got married took us down to their mess and got us shedded to celebrate, bless 'em. Will always remember their kindness.
  7. The unit was still going in 1993 when we held our early MVS meetings in the SCC accommodation, obviously when they were adrift. I loved it down there - I gave my first ever seamanship training lecture (as a Communicator!) in the small room off the messdeck, aptly on buoys! :D The best bit was the bar, of course! Very cosy. :) :) :)

And of course Belfast is famous for having a hammock made for the pet pussy (a pussy hammock)! :lol:
  8. Monkeys Fist
    Turks head
    Mathew walker knot
    Granny Knot
    Bowline on a Bite
    lots more i suppose.