Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

George Galloway

If this were a straightforward invasion of another foreign country by us then yes, we would deserve what we get. However, WMD aside, the invasion put a stop to what amounted to genocide of one form or another. Saddam is responsible for the murder of untold thousands of his own people; we invaded then in part to stop this. We’re only there now with the consent of the elected Iraqi government and with the support or indifference (at least) of the majority of the population. If they told us to go we would have to leave.

This is one situation where the Terrorist is most definitely not a Freedom Fighter; these guys are killers, pure and simple. Their cause is one of self-interest and it is right [now that we’ve started] to help put a stop to it. To do anything else would be the same as abandoning the Iraqi people to their fate like we did in GW I. Time to put it right – but lets hope it doesn’t take too much longer.

Oh yeah, it is never OK to blow up a few squaddies – ever! If we ignore it then we'll probably see a lot more bombs here in time. More good reasons to see the job through.

I think I'm inclined to listen to Mr Galloway ------------

Straightforward invasion - yes

Death toll --since the invasion and occupation--for the native Iraqi's must be approaching the Saddam totals .

The elected government in anyother language could be construed as puppet ,probably the reason why the 'insurgents' are so annoyed.

Disturb a wasps nest---------expect to get stung

Sending suicide bombers over to the UK could be construed as the enemies way of revenge on us. At the end of the day they don't have billion pound stealth bombers to get through our defences. But they do have people willing to infiltrate or lax security and murder our innocents.

If you look at the issue from the enemies point of view then things look very different and killing the PM is just as righteous as us killing Saddam.

Remember that there were many paople in Iraq that wanted to see Saddam ousted from power and tried for war crimes.....I'd like to see Blair and Bush treated likewise.

SILVER_FOX said:
If this were a straightforward invasion of another foreign country by us then yes, we would deserve what we get. However, WMD aside, the invasion put a stop to what amounted to genocide of one form or another. Saddam is responsible for the murder of untold thousands of his own people; we invaded then in part to stop this. We’re only there now with the consent of the elected Iraqi government and with the support or indifference (at least) of the majority of the population. If they told us to go we would have to leave.

I'm sorry but this just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. If we are so noble and concerned about despots killing their own that we are prepared to oust them, why didn't we do anything in Rwanda?

Iraq and why we went is a lot more complicated than that - "shoulder/shoulder with George W; oil; world player; etc" - the list goes on and none of it makes decent moral reading.

G

Agree with Silver Fox.
There should be no talk on RR of bombing / mugging / rodgering our Democratically Elected MP's or glorification of the same.

Moderator where are you?

Freedom of speech, you can publicly say what you believe in. So don't try that one Merch.

Seeing as your defending our wonderfull govt, you don't play Croquet do you?

Fancy another Jag do you?

Skunkmiester said:
Freedom of speech, you can publicly say what you believe in. So don't try that one Merch.

Seeing as your defending our wonderfull govt, you don't play Croquet do you?

Fancy another Jag do you?

Rugby Union and one S Type is fine thanks.

Latest Threads