Genuine or Not?

Discussion in 'RMR' started by Ricky8796, May 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Genuine medals or Not?

Did any royal marines get awarded UN medals for the north Atlantic by the Germans and a UN medal for protecting the Zimbabwe border over the last 15 years? And not allowed to wear them?

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. Ricky

I'm not sure that it is wise to flag up his actual name, given where he may have served. Suggest that you edit the name to J**** S*****.

3. Ricky you really should edit the name to initials...

4. Got same prob meself,I'm with a woman ,who claims to be my wife ,with two kids who call me dad,i'm stuffed, got certificates, phots the lot, what can i do, i've never even been to Nigeria.

5. YES absolutely,he was big, fat ;and black, Field Marshall IDI AMIN,the Last King of Scotland.

6. Yes, me. The horror.

7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Going by the original post, it's very easy to validate someone's claim with regard serving as a Commissioned Officer, it's called the Navy List & is in the public domain: Navy List Research

Another good way of validating a medal rack is by asking on OAMAAM: Once A Marine Always A Marine

Alternatively, individual unit histories of 40, 42 & 45 Commando may well tie-in: 3 Commando Brigade

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

So..... Did all that "mooning" and "willy waving" I did in the North Atlantic to Russian "trawlers" qualify for a gong?

Awesome, I knew my naughty bits would bring me rewards eventually, were do I apply for my gong?

9. thank you for all the info. He wasnt the one who died as a human cannonball but, i am sure he will say, that he has probably had a go at being one at some point...