General Service Warfare Officer Career Path

much!

You're just jealous 'cos you'll spend most of your career being shouted at, looking out of a window or at a green TV, and having gash interrupted sleep patterns. Don't worry love, it'll get better ... now, where did I leave my slippers? :wink:

You say that, but I'm shoreside at the moment, and you know what I miss that! This job is surrounded by people in can't see me suits that say "brew" for wet, "scoff" for scran and don't understand that working past 1200 on a Friday is socially unacceptable!

ATG - I enjoyed reading your post but you missed out a couple of points:

OOW 2 - 4, GO, Small Ships Navs, FC, HM Officer. All pretty similar to be honest. Your main job is to keep watches, most likely 2 a day, i.e. 8 hours, for every moment you are at sea...

...yet another opportunity to be taken to Court Martial (collision, grounding, poor station-keeping, sleeping on watch, allowing oneself to be knuckled by obstreperous sailor, moral turpitude, offending VIPs at CTP, etc.).

After OOW1 then you can either go to be a Navigator...

...yet another opportunity to be taken to Court Martial (collision, grounding, getting ETA wrong, hoisting incorrect ensign, etc).

...or head to something like P2000 CO (if you pass your Command Exams)...

...yet another opportunity to be taken to Court Martial (crypto screw-up, cash screw-up, collision, grounding, lapse in duty of care, living off immoral earnings, bullying, failure to engage the enemy more closely, etc.).

Last edited: