General Petraeus

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Apr 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't recall ever having heard such a pitiable attempt to polish a turd as this one. According to the good General the ongoing violence in Iraq is down to 'ethno sectarian confrontation'! Come on mate call a spade a spade, it's all out civil war.

2. Only its not all out civil war is it. It might not be far from all out civil war. But its not.

3. Petraeus is setting the casus belli for an American attack on Iran.

4. Correct Danny.

That aside I feel that General Petraus has done a hoofing job on Iraq. This time last year was utter chaos. it has improved massively.

5. Right and proper thing too:-

Founded by terrorists in 1948.
    History of internal ethnic cleansing.
    History of unprovoked attacks on it's neighbours.
    Fully fledged nuclear weapons programme.
    Non-signatory to the non-proliferation treaty.
    Refusal to allow IEIA inspections of it's nuclear facilities.
    Stockpile of 200 nuclear warheads.
    Multiple nuclear weapon delivery systems.
    Advanced Bio-weapons programme.
    Two atmospheric nuclear tests carried out in the South Atlantic.

Go for it Herr General :thumright:

RM

6. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Petraeus as a running mate for Macain? I wonder what the odds are on that down at Willie Hills

7. Has he, now it's not utter chaos! All he has done is oversee the building of walls to keep the opposing teams apart, hardly an effective long term soloution.

8. Has he? Rome was'nt built in a day mate. Come and have a look for yourself.

9. Whoops ........ misread that one; thought that you had written Israel :thumright:

RM

10. I thought civil war was an oxymoron (along with military intelligence, friendly fire etc).

11. Well If Obama get's to the White House their is going to be a lot of Kosher pant shitting going down when Uncle Sugar starts withdrawing the Kosher Welfare teat. :farao:

12. Which is why AIPAC is discretely moving heaven and earth to stop Brer Obama being elected as Prezdint. To lose $5b a year free welfare from the US taxpayer would be bad but to lose Uncle Sam's military cover would be a disaster for the Red Sea pedestrians :thanks:

RM

13. Wow I am impressed; mate. Baghdad and..............Thailand. FFS. =)

Could you pop down to The North Gate War Cemetery and see if Granddad's headstone is still there? It's plot 6 row D Grave 6.

MCMILLAN LIEUT W.C.
    MEDICAL SERVICE
    24TH OCTOBER 1917

A photo would be lovely.

14. Bloody hell...now we've only gone and bombed the wrong country...again.

Oh well.

Like old Kenny used to say. "We need to round 'em up, put 'em in a field, and bomb the bassssssstttttttaaaa......."

Having said that, The General has done a stand up job in the past year. It was anarchy and now it's not quite anarchy.

Junglero

15. Glad you corrected that one, the thought of Iran with 200 nuclear warheads is not pleasant.

PS a bit harsh on Israel aren't you?

16. Nope, he's bang on the money.

Remind me again which bunch of yamulka wearing IDF cowboys were targetting HMS Glouscester off Lebanon last year?

17. Gizza clue, who did it? :scratch: Could it have been the Americans? They have targeted our forces too often. ^~

18. I saw a news interview with General Patraeus, and I have one comment to make about him:
    BLITHERING HALF WIT.
    how that man can be in charge of an army I don't know.

19. He's widely regarded as their best…

20. Cross-posted from another thread:-

WASHINGTON, Sep 12 (IPS) - In sharp contrast to the lionisation of Gen. David Petraeus by members of the U.S. Congress during his testimony this week, Petraeus's superior, Admiral William Fallon, chief of the Central Command (CENTCOM), derided Petraeus as a sycophant during their first meeting in Baghdad last March, according to Pentagon sources familiar with reports of the meeting.

Fallon told Petraeus to his face that he considered him to be "an ass-kissing little chickenshit" and added, "I hate people like that", the sources say. That remark reportedly came after Petraeus began the meeting by making remarks that Fallon interpreted as trying to ingratiate himself with a superior.

RM