General Information regarding the RMR

Discussion in 'RMR' started by NZ_Bootneck, Jan 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just wondering because i cant fibd the answer any where do rmr marines wear the "royal marines commando" flashes and the commando dagger patch?
  2. In the same place as their regular colleagues!
  3. Yes RMR Ranks (who have passes the Commando Course) wear the Commando Flashes, but no they dont wear the Commando Dagger. The Commando dagger is only worn by ranks within 3 Commando Brigade.
  4. ...Except of course when mobilsed into 3 Cdo Bde, when RMR become identical in all ways incl wearing the dagger flash.
  5. I thought the dagger was a course qual badge? Like para wings? Or is that just commando-trained army pers?
  6. IMD, before the Re-introduction of Army Commando flashes, worn on shoulder of JWH or CS95s as per Royal, the Dagger was issued to Army ranks who had passed the AACC to be worn on JWH and their No1s.
    Nowadays it seems to be issued to any bods attatched to 3 Cdo Bde, regardless.
  7. Earning the green lid through blood sweat and curses is enough without worrying about silly little daggers.
  8. Too right the green lid is the holy grail as far as im concerned, just another quick question, I got a mate who is perce and he's issued with a "camp pass/ ID card" as has my buddy in royal, do the RMR ranks/officers get issued with such cards to get in and out of the detachment camp/building, sorry if this sounds bone I cant seem to find the answer anywhere :dwarf: