General Guide to the selection Process

Re: Guide To Application Process

leeblease. I'm not about to join the Navy, nor do I have an 'old soldier', but even I found this of interest. Well Done!

ps I didn't pick up any grammatical errors, but I've been on the lager!

Lost_Soul

Lantern Swinger

Good advice Leeblease, I'm currently waiting to go for my interview so trying to research anything and everything :)

Fantastic, cheers mate. I'm not even at the first stage yet but this is certainly something to look back on when I start!

Dan

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

Leeblease,

Just read through your post, anticipating that you would need some corrective advice.

You don't.

Bloody good post, well done.

Edited for pooh spelling

Thanks Ninja, appreciated! Any chance you can pull some strings, and get me a start at Raliegh next week?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

leeblease said:
Thanks Ninja, appreciated! Any chance you can pull some strings, and get me a start at Raliegh next week?
Sorry mate, I wield no influence on that one!

How times have changed.
When I joined in 1952, I walked into the recruiting office in Leeds and said; "I want to join the Navy."
In less than a week I was in.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

neil6814 said:
How times have changed.
When I joined in 1952, I walked into the recruiting office in Leeds and said; "I want to join the Navy."
In less than a week I was in.
The shortest nowadays is generally 3 months from application to entry, the longest is about two years, it depends on the branch you're joining.

Just out of interest Ninja, which branches would take the longest for entry?

I assume the more hands-on career paths would require more training and therefore take longer?

It also mentions a "direct entry" option for graduates, which stages of the application process would this affect?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero

lazers_pew_pew_pew said:
Just out of interest Ninja, which branches would take the longest for entry?

I assume the more hands-on career paths would require more training and therefore take longer?

It also mentions a "direct entry" option for graduates, which stages of the application process would this affect?
Assuming you refer to Officer waiting times, I have to confess I'm a bit hazy on specific waiting times, unlike ratings. Obviously the smaller the branch, the fewer the regular intakes. Graduate entry tends to be Medical, Engineering & Training Management Officer, but they have regular intakes because they do generic officer training (they already have the "trade".)

Rather than give duff info, it's best to ask your specific OCLO, assuming you're actually in the selection process. If you tell me your intended trade, I'm happy to make a couple of calls to find out for you, if that helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
the_matelot The Fleet 148
Ghost_Rider The Quarterdeck 29
Tartan_Terrier Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9