General election .Who do we vote for ? Must be soon.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by johne, Jun 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think the Conservatives must have to have a go as this lot have completey lost the plot... :roll:

2. I would agree, not because it's the conservatives, but because they are the only party likely to be able to overhaul this shit.

This will be an election for voitng someone out not voting them in.

3. I don't think I can bring myself to vote for a party, some of whose members have been paying for servants with taxpayers money. I have no problem with employing servants, just getting the taxpayer to foot the bill. Talk about Nanny state.... Or Nannygate :roll:

4. Well if you pick an independent, make sure he will get enough votes to get in or you will be wasting your time and might as well not vote at all.

5. I've voted quite a few times now over the last 30 years and disillusion is setting in.

It seems that all the parties have both a good & (often secret) bad agenda and given time the bad will surpass the good once they are in office.
    Because of that I have to confess, I've swung both and all ways. Starting to feel like a Booty in a Boarding Party asking himself; 'Which platform have I boarded..?'

So, (rhetorically) anyone know why I'm not given the option of a 'negative vote'?
    Or the option to vote, 'None of the Above'?

I know... because it would erode the democracy and free life which we value so much, like buying cheep booze from the offy, or smoking in your own home or even allowing you to walk away from a murder because the prosecution might offend you.

The circle just goes round and round and round....

6. As far as I'm concerned Parliament is institutionally corrupt, with members from the three main parties (and fcuk knows who else from the other parties) having been caught with their fingers in the till. They might have acted "within the rules" but that means fcuk all when you write the rules to make it 'legal' to do what any other normal person would be sacked for, if not face criminal charges.

Irrespective of which MPs have done wrong we desperately need a change in government as the Labour party has done what it does best, and that is to take a thriving economy and totally destroy it. I can only realistically see the Tories getting in although I expect the Lib Dems to pick up a greater share of the vote.

No doubt some of the fringe parties such as the BNP will pick up some protest votes although hopefully in their case not enough to enable them to return a candidate as an MP.

I think a lot of people will withhold their votes but hopefully the recent events will shake the general public out of their apathy and take a more considered interest in politics, after all, politics affects us all in every aspect of our daily lives.

7. Levers_Aligned

Levers_Aligned War Hero Moderator

I CANNOT vote, simply because none of the available options appeal to my political views. All parties have proven themselves to house hidden agendae and have representitives who are morally corrupt. All have had is a smattering of exposure regarding the dealings of our elected members - it would be interetsing to find out what happens on every level of government, the upper house, permanent and non permanent staff and their advisors and the countless billions spunked on 'advisors', 'consultants' and contract negotiations.

Given that this government cannot even lie straight in bed about the Saudis and Al Yamama (it'll come out one day I hope, and make duck ponds look like nicking 5p out of the teaboat) and fails to tell you that the MoD itself have squandered £7.15bn on consultancy alone since 1997 (think on when your ship is fecked, you're grafting long hour and the IPT pulls its pockets inside out) I would imagine that the cash, perks and 'contract lubricants' (Portillo becoming a member of Big and Expensive's board soon after awarding them the crap LPD contract for example) would make one or two on here choke on their tea.

levers

8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

There is, of course, nothing stopping you from going to the polling station and spoiling you ballot paper. Write none of the above because they are all *ankers or some such.

Not using your vote has been the can't be bothered to do it because it makes no difference etc. excuse for years (I'm not suggesting that you come under that category). I am a great believer in always voting.

9. I've always thought if I don't vote I've no right to moan about those in power.

Who I'd vote for I don't know yet. I know who I'm voting for to be my local councillor though.

10. Doesn't seem to stop em though. :)

11. Well I will vote for which ever candidate stands the greatest chance of forcing Gordon Brown to sign on at the Bru, even if that is a Tory,

12. Looks like we'ew all voting GREEN then. The Pinkeys can vote Green too as they're PinkPositive! :D

13. I could not vote Tory as long as my arse points downwards, ye gods the mere thought of it makes the bile rise.

14. Who would you vote for, out of interest?

15. Postal voted Green in the Euro Elections.