Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General criticises Naval defence cuts

finknottle

Banned
Yes focking wants war all the time, 3 wars in 10 years this country has been involved in with the yanks. Its like They would sell their own mums for us to be involved in another conflict and at the same time not even bother to equip the Armed Forces properly and boost manpower at the same time so the Armed Forces personnel have to do more tours overseas away from their families and loved ones because of this war mongering tight fisted government.

I take your point about the number of conflicts that the UK has been embroiled in over the last decade. Why do you think our government are so eager to commit our Armed Forces to war fighting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

finknottle

Banned
Long gone are the days when the Brits used to strut round the world kicking arses left right and centre followed by the plundering of resources of those whose arses we had kicked.

We need to keep the capability to send down an unscheduled sunrise but stop poking our noses into other people’s backyards, as the general states we do not have the capability and the country is skint.

How long has THIS government been in power? :dontknow:

Tory labour liberal democrats are all the same, I dont care what they call themselves they are all warmongers who have commited war crimes just like the people who have been in the dock in the hague being accused of such a crime.

K640

War Hero
Tory labour liberal democrats are all the same, I dont care what they call themselves they are all warmongers who have commited war crimes just like the people who have been in the dock in the hague being accused of such a crime.

Really? I must have missed the bit where UK troops rocked up at an Afghan/Iraqi village and massacred thousands of civilians.

Unless you mean getting the UK involved in pointless wars in far off foreign lands. Which, whatever your feelings about it, still isn't a war crime.

Uncle_Albert

War Hero
Really? I must have missed the bit where UK troops rocked up at an Afghan/Iraqi village and massacred thousands of civilians.

Does it have to be thousands at once? If you're willing to consider smaller numbers of victims, searching on google will find some.

K640

War Hero
Does it have to be thousands at once? If you're willing to consider smaller numbers of victims, searching on google will find some.

Anything less than thousands at once shows a shocking lack of ambition.

On a serious note, Google throws up a few results but to be honest I don't have the time or inclination to see if they're actually legitimate. But assuming there are isolated cases of crimes being committed by individuals on a smaller scale, then the individuals would be guilty of war crimes, not the government.

G

guestm

Anything less than thousands at once shows a shocking lack of ambition.

On a serious note, Google throws up a few results but to be honest I don't have the time or inclination to see if they're actually legitimate. But assuming there are isolated cases of crimes being committed by individuals on a smaller scale, then the individuals would be guilty of war crimes, not the government.

This is true. I have never seen any JTARs ordering the levelling of villages or sinister looking local games of hopscotch in the schoolyard.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
This has to be one of the most insightful, well considered, intelligent and forward thinking posts I have ever seen on RR; do you have children?

Maybe we should have a resurrection of the " ... Of The Week" threads? - Blackrat?

I wouldn't worry Jimbo, if he talks the same way as he writes, taking punctuation as pauses or time to draw breath, he probably keeled over due to lack of oxygen during one of his rants :)

This has to be one of the most insightful, well considered, intelligent and forward thinking posts I have ever seen on RR; do you have children?

Maybe we should have a resurrection of the " ... Of The Week" threads? - Blackrat?

Yes for the record i do have children, I have 4 boys and 2 girls. Do you have any children or are you so focked in the head and queer that you cant cum inside a womans pussyhole that you prefer a mans asshole????? You have pished me off with your stupid comment i was just given you my political opinion and you had to be a self rightous kunt well fock you i will not reply to any more of your posts.

Sumo

War Hero
Yes for the record i do have children, I have 4 boys and 2 girls. Do you have any children or are you so focked in the head and queer that you cant cum inside a womans pussyhole that you prefer a mans asshole????? You have pished me off with your stupid comment i was just given you my political opinion and you had to be a self rightous kunt well fock you i will not reply to any more of your posts.

And you can fock off to you oxygen thief.

Do you not think a little bit OOT for CA, wash your potty mouth out with something nasty.

Then respond with eloquence giving us affluence in your prose and not expletives’?

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
Superb retort might I just add. You've obviously been incredibly busy creating and raising (or abducting?) your brood, too busy to bother with trivial matters such as spelling and grammar. Part of me thinks you might actually be a little too young for children, or not even of these shores? Perhaps both?Having re-read your spiffing post (and showed it to a lot of people - cracking morale booster) I'm still not sure where your 'political opinion' is? You alledge that the various political parties are 'war criminals' but little else.I'm curious about your views, what would you have a Government do with its military, indeed, do you think our Government needs a military?

Sumo

War Hero
Only the idiot is genuinely happy all the time (or so an hossifer once told me) :)

Obviously in your case the defence cuts chose to get rid of (retire) Mr happy? A:cheese:nd if one of them gold ring chappies told you there is a slim chance it may be true?:laughing4: :laughing4:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Joe White appointed HM Consul-General, San Francisco, and Technology Envoy to the USA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Attorney General speech at the London Panel Induction Event MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New general licences for the control of wild birds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thanking general practice and community pharmacy staff for their work during the pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Consulate General Amsterdam moves to The Hague MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement to the WTO General Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Opening Session of the UN General Assembly Fifth Committee MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement to the WTO General Council: DG Selection Process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary’s speech to United Nations General Assembly 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Joint Commonwealth Statement, Item 10 General Debate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Human Rights Council 45: Statement for Item 9 General Debate on racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related forms of intolerance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Interactive Dialogue with Assistant Secretary General – Ilze Brands Kehris on the Secretary-General’s Report on Reprisals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief of the Defence Staff, General Sir Nick Carter launches the Integrated Operating Concept MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's speech to UN General Assembly: 26 September 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: UK Statement for the Item 4 General Debate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: Statement for Item 3 General Debate on Russia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Apply to the Attorney General’s Civil Panel Counsel - Regional A, B and C Panels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement to the 64th International Atomic Energy Agency General Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement to the WIPO General Assembly on behalf of Group B countries MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Dr Liam Fox through to 2nd round in WTO Director General contest MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 45: statement under Item 2 – General Debate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Attorney General refers the sentences of PC Andrew Harper’s killers to the Court of Appeal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Campaign Hub: UK Nominee for Director-General of the WTO MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC announces three new Director General appointments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Attorney General launches recruitment campaign for new Chief Inspector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement to the WTO General Council on the Director General Selection Process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GLD signs General Counsel for Diversity and Inclusion Statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Commander Strategic Command, General Sir Patrick Sanders’ Speech at the Air and Space Power Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lynne Owens reappointed as NCA Director General MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with Dr Tedros, Director-General of the World Health Organization: 8 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Prime Minister’s letter on Dr Liam Fox’s nomination for the position of WTO Director General MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK nominates Liam Fox as next Director General of the WTO MoD News 0
Landshark Potential frequency of deployment (and general questions) - Survival Equipment Technician (SET) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS Joint letter from the CMA and the General Pharmaceutical Council: pricing during the COVID-19 pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Her Majesty’s Consul-General to Jerusalem: Spring 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Six general licences re-issued for the control of wild birds MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 43: Item 9 General Debate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 43: Item 8 General Debate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS United Nations Secretary General's report on the implementation of Resolution 73/295: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Launch of the Secretary-General's Roadmap on Digital Cooperation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Attorney General extends undertaking for Grenfell Tower Inquiry MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement to the WTO General Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Attorney General appoints new Junior Treasury Counsel MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement to the WTO General Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMRC announces new Directors General for Borders and Trade MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Letter from the Paymaster General to the European Commission and the European External Action Service: 27 April 2020 MoD News 0
A RNR Medic? General entry Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS Myrtle Lloyd appointed new Registrar General for England and Wales MoD News 0