Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

General Appeal

Jenny_Dabber said:
Right, water under the bridge and all peeps, not getting in a rut over this subject again and those who have been around for a while will know the score, for those who don't please read the following;

Within the 'History' forum there is a sub forum for shore est. Here layeth the cave of the 'G-spot' ( Giggle every time I say that!). For those who do not know the non-sexual term of the 'G-Spot', this is a place for the old and bold dits of the Ganges and alike.

Right I'm off to make a wet, who wants one?

Edited: being a mong again

J-D

Lets us cross swords again, we have a place for the G Spot and all that goes with it. But as I have just said and your clearly decide to ignore MOG's such as I have not used The Fleet for G Spot dits.

"I have just checked every one of the 459 posts I have made on RR. Of these posts only 57 or 12% were on your Forum "The Fleet". Only 5 mention Ganges" and that was on only two threads, one on regulators, the other on Training Establisments before the current Sub forum was started.

So lets get real its not Ganges putting the young serving matelots off. Perhaps the Junta of MODs should look else where for an excuse rather than forming a circle of self defence after abusing the current posting members.

Nutty

O bollocks that 461 and I have mentioned the G Spot again puts all my figures out.

And so the forun that the moderators want to keep for the young uns and speak of things that may be of interest to them,turns into crap.Three cheers for the moderators

Nutty, this ain't my forum: wink:

However, let me explain this to you; MODs and such alike, with help of a good few rr member's have continued to promote this site as best as we can. We do get feed back, being MODs this is part of our job and a good few comments point out that G is mentioned one too many times. There are serving members on here and one main reason to why they do not post is due to being deployed (seeing as they are serving), another reason brought up was the G word, others are complaints about other members or suggestions for the site.

I may be a little more kind with my words, however, M is saying it straight out. Instead of fighting, why not try and help, I know this issue was brought up before, time and time over but what exactly do we get out of throwing toys? As for MODs, instead of setting up petty polls and such, I will say this one more time;

PM the MOD in question or send a PM to Good_CO/Bad_CO

As for Higs lovely yet idiotic comment, take a leaf out of your own book and grow up :wink:

Edited my moi

Jenny_Dabber said:
However, let me explain this to you; MODs and such alike, with help of a good few rr member's have continued to promote this site as best as we can. We do get feed back, being MODs this is part of our job and a good few comments point out that G is mentioned one too many times. There are serving members on here and one main reason to why they do not post is due to being deployed (seeing as they are serving), another reason brought up was the G word, others are complaints about other members or suggestions for the site.

Hi Jenny,

I think it might be worth reassessing complaints about the G Place now that I've confessed my sins and have stopped going on about the place. G-chatter has I think largely diminished in the last week as a result. We should wait and see (perhaps a month or so) to find out if this is the real reason why people are not participating or if it is merely a convenient scapegoat.

Regarding surveys about mods, well that's free speech for you. I do feel that the_Matelots initial phrasing was, to say the least, more than a little discourteous to the existing, regular contributers to this site who are ex-RN and are sharing their experiences, and in consequence provoked the response it received. I do think Moderators, as the name implies should moderate, and that does include the kind of diplomacy you have consistently shown. Manners Maketh Man (and Woman) naturally! :)

Steve.

Are men not entitled to a spout of PMT? Equal rights and all :lol:

But I do second you on your comment Alway_a_civvy, M may have had the edge if he reworded his initial post, however, this is his area. If people come out straight talking to clear the air, is this not good? There is a good reason behind all (apart from toy throwing) and maybe, now that it is out in the open and we have all had our say, something should come out of it.

the_matelot said:
Ladies/Gents,

It has been brought to my attention that current day matelots are reluctant to post on RR due to the amount of retired navy posting their dits. It has been said that it's getting very tiresome, dull and boring. And I agree. To be honest, I couldn't care less about Ganges et al as I am a firm believer in progress. The purpose of my rant is pretty straightforward. This forum is the Fleet. I intrepret this as the modern day Fleet. I do not want to read about some dull cnut ditting on about 'in his day'. Some of you may not like my comments. I couldn't give a fcuk. P1ss off if you don't like it. I think this website has the potential to do as well as ARRSE but is being held back by people, who frankly, should stay in the RBL Club.

Sorry Matelot, I didn't read the rest of it.

I think maybe it might just be a little bit of a rant on your part, but hey, it happens on arrse.

May I just mention, that when I was in Basrah, the icecreams and the pool were fantastic. Less for the time I got the shites. Oooh, D&V, you can't beat it. Thank goodness for the bit that boys wee in in the portaloos, so I could double whammy.

Is that my sandbag?

Yours, forever, you ugly fucker,

Sluggy xxxxx

I may be old (51 yesterday) but apart from Bulwark (the new one) I have worked on every other ship currently involved in the Lebanon thing so I can't be that old. The only thing that has changed are the names......a tiff may be called an ET or whatever now but he/she is still essentially a tiff....so what is the problem ?

I have been following this thread from the beginning and would make just one observation; irrespective of how strongly we feel about an issue, or how right we might be, I can not see the need to be abusive or offensive. The opening thread from the moderator could have calmly and gently asked that the section of the boards be restricted to serving personnel only and that those who no longer serve post elsewhere. No expletives, no offensive sentences and, much more importantly, no offense to registered members.

I always thought that we were all in this together and, as a serving member with 29 years behind me, I for one am grateful that retired members have the enthusiasm to keep the site ticking as well as making contributions to current threads. Are we really so arrogant that we think only we can talk to today's issues? Most of the crap we deal with today was there 10, 20 and 30 years ago and irrespective of serving or not, I welcome anyone's view.

Have a nice day!

I really cannot understand all this bitching. Reading other threads started by certain MOD's they keep bringing up the subject of how easy training has become, how the Navy is changing (generally for the worse) since they joined. So why shouldn't the older fella join in and recount their memories? Some of the said MOD's didn't even get a second badge, but believe they are the oracles of everything Navy.

Whether you trained at Ganges or Raleigh the dits are very similar, so much so that some new dits are probably borrowed from older dits once heard! Never let the truth get in the way of a good dit!

I am a serving SR and have probably been a bosuns mate for some of you old fellas at one time. I had no problem listening to your dits back then when I was a young Nozzer and I welcome your dits on here now.

If the young lads don't want to join in then fcuk em. It's the same on board when they don't want to participate in mess deck games or flightdeck sports. Eventually the good matelots among them will post in good time and the non handlers will go outside and probably become moderators on this site and sprout off like the other MOD's who were only in for a dog watch.

Oh and the term Modern Fleet-surley an oxymoron?

I think for a lot of junior rates, posting on here would be akin to entering the SR mess and talking to someone (given the number of SRs on here), so they might be a bit shy at first.... I was :lol:

Guys,
This is a debate that raged on ARRSE which had many of the same issues in the early days. Ultimately it has all sorted itself out and I hope we've found room for everyone. This is exactly what we are trying to achieve on Rum Ration. Ultimately if you're not interested in a thread then you don't have to read it is my opinion.

Someone suggested a Rum Ration equivalent of the ARRSEPedia. This is an interesting thought and one that there is already a thread running on.

Latest Threads