General Appeal

the_matelot

War Hero
Moderator
Ladies/Gents,

It has been brought to my attention that current day matelots are reluctant to post on RR due to the amount of retired navy posting their dits. It has been said that it's getting very tiresome, dull and boring. And I agree. To be honest, I couldn't care less about Ganges et al as I am a firm believer in progress. The purpose of my rant is pretty straightforward. This forum is the Fleet. I intrepret this as the modern day Fleet. I do not want to read about some dull cnut ditting on about 'in his day'. Some of you may not like my comments. I couldn't give a fcuk. P1ss off if you don't like it. I think this website has the potential to do as well as ARRSE but is being held back by people, who frankly, should stay in the RBL Club.
 
D

Deleted 7

Guest
Lads and ladettes, in consideration to the above please post the old day dits here or in the Qtr deck.
 

lesbryan

War Hero
What modern day fleet might that be then ?????????.I personally do not give a toss about your comments.as i am sure others do not and if you dont like what the older end have to say (i am not old either).Either dont read them or strike off
 

the_matelot

War Hero
Moderator
Lesbryan,

Like I said, this forum is the Fleet-as in the Modern Fleet. Day to day goings on in the modern RN are welcome in here. Someone droning on about 'in his day' is not. Simple as that. If you don't like it, then go away. You won't be missed that's for sure. What I say may not be to your liking but it is the general consensus amongst the modern navy and some of the moderators on this website.
 

dunkers

War Hero
Have heard the same sentiments as the_matelot ...

To be quite honest I was a bit put off at first for this reason too, I thought I would be told to fcuk off - fortunately this has not happened (not yet anyway).
 
D

Deleted 7

Guest
lesbryan said:
What modern day fleet might that be then ?????????.I personally do not give a toss about your comments.as i am sure others do not and if you dont like what the older end have to say (i am not old either).Either dont read them or strike off

Brain into gear :wink:

The Fleet is more of a 'how to' or 'can you please tell me' type of forum. It is off putting when people come along and make duplicate threads of the same subject, therefore the CO's placed a nice little forum in the History section. If you want to spin a dit go to the Qtr deck or Lil's Lesbryan. You may not give a flying feck what we say but others do and on that note, don't like it, spin and spin fella :wink:
 

andym

War Hero
Ooooooooooooo,Jenny i just love it when you get all disciplinarian!!!!

(p.s. why not rename the forum to Todays Fleet?)just a thought.
 

lesbryan

War Hero
If you look back at myfew postings you will find that i dont spin dits 90% of them are downright lies in anycase.I did get tangled up in the coulor of certain bouldings once but left it alone after a while.The referance to the fleet was size in relation to numbers of ships and men/women and not the quality or commitment of aforesaid.I thought these sights were for opinions and a bit of fun if you if you didnt like what i said well what can i say STRIKE ME OFF
 
the_matelot said:
Ladies/Gents,

It has been brought to my attention that current day matelots are reluctant to post on RR due to the amount of retired navy posting their dits. It has been said that it's getting very tiresome, dull and boring. And I agree. To be honest, I couldn't care less about Ganges et al as I am a firm believer in progress. The purpose of my rant is pretty straightforward. This forum is the Fleet. I intrepret this as the modern day Fleet. I do not want to read about some dull cnut ditting on about 'in his day'. Some of you may not like my comments. I couldn't give a fcuk. P1ss off if you don't like it. I think this website has the potential to do as well as ARRSE but is being held back by people, who frankly, should stay in the RBL Club.
The very nature of these forums makes one conversation merge into another, this is almost unavoidable like in a normal conversation. Nearly all threads wander off. Personaly I don't believe that shit about younger matelots not wanting to post.
As for your attitude as a mod, that sucks mate, don't bother replying to this though. Tool !
 
dunkers said:
Have heard the same sentiments as the_matelot ...

To be quite honest I was a bit put off at first for this reason too, I thought I would be told to fcuk off - fortunately this has not happened (not yet anyway).

You never know your luck.

Peter
 
the_matelot said:
Ladies/Gents,

It has been brought to my attention that current day matelots are reluctant to post on RR due to the amount of retired navy posting their dits. It has been said that it's getting very tiresome, dull and boring. And I agree. To be honest, I couldn't care less about Ganges et al as I am a firm believer in progress. The purpose of my rant is pretty straightforward. This forum is the Fleet. I intrepret this as the modern day Fleet. I do not want to read about some dull cnut ditting on about 'in his day'. Some of you may not like my comments. I couldn't give a fcuk. P1ss off if you don't like it. I think this website has the potential to do as well as ARRSE but is being held back by people, who frankly, should stay in the RBL Club.

We had this conversation a little while ago and there was a lot of heated discussion about parking the old farts of somewhere they wouldnt offend the young uns. As I see it there is little to stop the young uns either joining in or starting their own threads if they so wish. One of the problems I fear is that we are becoming a society of voyeurs rather than doers, and that by it's very nature this type of site does not give the instant gratification that a playstation does.

I for one would welcome more posting on current topics as I, as I suspect would most of the old farts, would find it interesting.

There thats my 2d worth.

Peter
 
So, "current day matelots are reluctant etc etc etc"

What a load of round objects - if they were real matelots, they'd give their dits and stories too, and would surely have posted their 'concerns' on the appropriate forum regardless of all the old tars, wouldn't they ?

The modern Navy was grown from the old Navy (as was the old navy grown from the even older Navy that my father served in) by what we all learned, experienced and went through, so there should be some leeway given here, I would have thought :?:

As for the so called 'Moderator' comments - doesn't sound much like moderation to me. Maybe you should find another vocation, hmmm? :p
 
Top