General Alarm

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Ghost_Rider, Mar 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As provided by Silverfish, the link below is a downloadable tone for Nokia mobile phones. It is free, don't worry! I'll let Silverfish explain the story (if he wants) by posting in this thread ... I'm just giving you the file!

Note: You will need to have the Nokia Multimedia player software (which would have come with the phone, or can be downloaded from Nokia's website.

Download the General Alarm

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Very lame GR. There's too much gobbing off in the background and it's not just the general alarm is it. The more annoying chemical alarm is in there too. SOCs was it?

Needs work.
  3. :D

As mentioned above, I was asked to put this up by Silverfish. Please "switch fire Right" and direct all abuse and other comments in that direction! I am simply the "enabler" - content is not my bag!

PS What is SOCs?
  4. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Leave poor old GR alone, this was my humble idea so don't shoot the messenger!

This ring tone has been doing the rounds of serving personnel for some time now - the fact that it was recorded during SOCs is obvious - the level of background chat can probably be put down to the fact that it was recorded in the Chief's Mess. It was a simple enough idea, the fact that it fails to meet Sea Dogs stringent criteria is regretted - perhaps he would like to do better.

For the techincally minded it should be possible to bluetooth to any make of phone without any requirement, and not exclusively Nokia.
  5. Not bad really --might be better than the pre loaded T mobile yuk I've got now .

I'll give it a try
  6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

There must be a Techie out there that can produce a nice loud Klaxon, that would wake them up in the Library
  7. Leave it out lads! Ghostie was doing a favour :roll:

Now where did I put that 'call the hands' pipe recording??????
  8. silverfox

Panic not - They are talking about a different thing - seen the web site and it looks the Dogs C**k...
  9. janner

I was thinking of it as a ring tone for the mobile
  10. janner

11. Janner Just bolt it to your mobile with a battery. Bulky but simple always works.

12. No need to worry about me, Jenny. I'm used to it now (... and anyway, the :mrgreen: in my previous post should have suggested that I was taking the first poster's comments in a very-much tongue-in-cheek manner - ie I was ignoring them!)

Ref sending via bluetooth - should be no problem with that at all. The issue is that the tone is in a format which is (I suspect) bespoke to Nokia handsets. If it works on another brand, please let me know which brand(s).

Ref any other clips... feel free to let me know if you have any other clips you would like me to make available on here. I know that the site bosses have not allowed users to upload files on this site - consequently, I'll host them on my server and provide the link here!! (provided you all then don't turn round to me and tell me its shyte! :lol:)

Ghostie - the messenger ;)
  13. silverfox

Transferred .amr file from Nokia to PC via Bluetooth and then from PC to Sony Ericsson without any snags.
  14. What about offical Rumration ringtones from the Slops Store? We could have Call the hands, Man over board, Action stations, Aircraft ditch etc? I'd buy one :oops:
  15. I have hearts of oak as mine! Its an MP3, if anyone is interested!
  16. janner

I've done that, now the phone doesn't fit in my pocket. :lol:
  17. What do you expect, Janner coming from an RP. He did warn you it was bulky
  18. ive got what to do with a drunken sailor on mine,how sad is that
  19. Does it tell you what to do with the drunken sailor? I will pass it on to my wife, she wasnt happy with me after a trip down sov on tues!