Gene Hunt to go Spanish...

Today's Times (28 Feb 08, p37) has revealled that Senor Gene Hunt is to be transported back to Spain in 1978, the year women could join the Spanish police force.

Some excerpts here to give you a taster of the article...

The Times article said:
LINGO OF THE LAW

— Don't move, you're surrounded by armed bastards!

¡ Alto, está rodeado de cabrones armados!

— You great soft, sissy, girlie, nancy, French, bender, Man United-supporting poof!

¡ Nenaza blanda, floja y maricona, hincha del Barça!

— She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

¡ Está mas nerviosa que una monja enana en un tiro al blanco de pingüinos!

— You so much as belch out of line and I'll have your scrotum on a barbed-wire plate.

¡ Si se le ocurre eruptar sin autorización, tendré su escroto en un plato de alambre de espinas!
More here:
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article3449008.ece

LG_380

Midshipman
thingy said:
The Times article said:
LINGO OF THE LAW

— Don't move, you're surrounded by armed bastards! should be ¡No se mueva, usted son rodeados por los bastardos armados!

¡ Alto, está rodeado de cabrones armados! means Stop, is surrounded by cabrones armed!

— You great soft, sissy, girlie, nancy, French, bender, Man United-supporting poof! = ¡Usted gran suavidad, sissy, girlie, Nancy, francés, doblador, poof de Unir-soporte de Manchester!

¡ Nenaza blanda, floja y maricona, hincha del Barça! = Soft, loose Nenaza and maricona, swell of the Barça!

— She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot. = Ella es tan nerviosa como una monja muy pequeña en un lanzamiento del pingüino.

¡ Está mas nerviosa que una monja enana en un tiro al blanco de pingüinos! = She is but nervous that a dwarfed nun in a shot to the target of penguin's!

— You so much as belch out of line and I'll have your scrotum on a barbed-wire plate. = Usted tanto como belch fuera línea y de mí tendrá su escroto en una placa del alambre de púas.

¡ Si se le ocurre eruptar sin autorización, tendré su escroto en un plato de alambre de espinas! = If it is happened to him to eruptar without authorization, I will have his escroto in a plate of wire of thorns!
Nice to see that the Times can check its translation's are nearly correct but was v happy with "She is but nervous that a dwarfed nun in a shot to the target of penguin's!"

Reminds me of some of the english tranalations that the Chinese have put out for the olympics... :thumright:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Miscellaneous 1
sgtpepperband Diamond Lil's 12
Tartan_Terrier Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 9