Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gender stereotypes... MEN ONLY

Given the choice of a men's creche watching footie or shopping, which would you choose?

• Total voters
There are lots of gender stereotypes expressed on this site. I thought it's timer for another survey to ascertain the veracity of the claim that women like shopping and men like footie.

THIS SURVEY IS FOR MEN ONLY.

Cpt_Black

Lantern Swinger
I have to choose shopping, I can't stand football!

However, given cricket, rugby, motor racing, snooker, boxing, (female) wrestling and just about any other sport, I would choose that over shopping!

-buggy-

Lantern Swinger
i went for the creche assuming there is beer on tap .
i would rather chew tin foil than go shopping

Daktari

Banned
Now I had a theory that if all these department stores had a bar installed with one of those hulking great TV's they hang on the wall of pubs there wouldn't be any problem. Walking around the shops with my missis while she tries on everything in sight asking "does my bum look big in this" does wear a bit thin - gotta go with the crechei dea!

-buggy-

Lantern Swinger
yea i do believe that blokes are better shoppers - stroll into a shop and ill have 1 of them , 1 of them , oh and 3 of them , heres your money have a nice day im off to the boozer.

women just fanny around for hours on end then come home with 1 item of which they dont like!

Im all for the store creche

Topstop

War Hero
First time I went shopping with the Missus after 5hrs she asked if there was a shop I wanted to go to, so I took her to a tool shop :dwarf:

She started moaning after about 10mins. Now its 1 1/2 hrs only although it may be longer if theres drinks involved :thumright:

Football will always beat shopping.

Get them to use the internet then they haven't had to get too far from the kitchen sink!!

Supermario

:nemo: :thumright:

-buggy-

Lantern Swinger
supermario said:
Football will always beat shopping.

Get them to use the internet then they haven't had to get too far from the kitchen sink!!

Supermario

:nemo: :thumright:

better hope the girlies dont see this supermario lol

^_^;

johne

War Hero
I really hate shopping with the wife. She buys that much crap its unbeleavable. I have now resigned to sit in the car and sleep. :thumright:

Shopping every time,football is over rated,over paid and over exposed.

Bunch of nancy boys running around in their knickers kicking a bag of wind for 90 mins.

I dont like football.

Gombear

War Hero
I suppose a lot depends on what sort of shopping it is.
The weekly trip to the supermarket is just another chore.

I am not a big sports fan but if England are playing football or rugby that has to take precedence.

However I do enjoy shopping with my wife for clothes or things for the home or garden.
After all, it can be quality time to share with each other.

When we are shopping for clothes I often manage to spot something that really suits my wife.
Does that make me a sad bastard?

johne said:
I really hate shopping with the wife. She buys that much crap its unbeleavable. I have now resigned to sit in the car and sleep. :thumright:

Start chatting the other women up whilst she is in the changing rooms, she will soon stop taking you, might even ask if there is any shopping you need to do. :thanks:

Joe_Crow

War Hero
Gombear said:
................................................................................When we are shopping for clothes I often manage to spot something that really suits my wife.
Does that make me a sad bastard?

You sad bastard. Me too.

I know a lot of women who like football, and some men who like shopping.
Personally I can't stand either of them, except shopping for food which is one of the few pleasures in life - NOT at the likes of Tesco etc though.

Gombear said:
When we are shopping for clothes I often manage to spot something that really suits my wife.Does that make me a sad bastard?

Wot, it must be Short, Skimpy, Tight, See thru, revealing and sexy and gets rejected out of hand.

NUtty

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Human Rights Council 45: Annual discussion on the integration of a gender perspective throughout the work of The Human Rights Council MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government responds to Gender Recognition Act consultation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to Gender Recognition Act (2004) consultation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Response to the Gender Recognition Act (2004) consultation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progress report on the OSCE Gender Action Plan: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 44: Independent Expert on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 40 new firms commit to promoting gender diversity in financial services MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Gender impacts of the COVID-19 crisis MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Employers do not have to report gender pay gaps MoD News 1
MoD_RSS Gender Equality: challenges and opportunities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ruth scoops global award for work on gender inclusion MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy Ashgabat supports women's empowerment and gender sensitivity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Report: Gender balance in worldwide patenting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for Asia visits South Korea, Mongolia and Japan to discuss free trade, climate change and gender equality MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 42: Annual Discussion on the integration of a Gender perspective MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement on gender at HDIM 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for Gender and Social Inclusion Experts in Brazil MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Closing the gap: how can we address the gender pay gap? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Women's Business Council to drive progress on closing the gender pay gap MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NW Academy seminar: In-work poverty: low pay, productivity and gender (9 September, 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Intervention on Gender and Men Engage Network MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 41: explaination of vote on sexual orientation and gender identity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government set to begin next phase of gender transition research MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Effective solutions to gender issues should be sustained: speech by Philip Smith MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New Aviation Minister welcomes industry’s growing commitment to gender diversity MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Private sector employers report second year of gender pay gap data MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New data on gender pay gap in medicine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: It’s raining men: gender diversity and climate change MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: “Men need support too” gender expert tells women in Cumbria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: #HerPotentialOurFuture: Gender Equality, Fragility and Conflict Affected States MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Transport ministers call on industry to become leaders in gender equality MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Transport Minister calls on the aviation industry to address the gender gap MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New guidance to help employers close gender pay gap MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based Violence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New research will examine effect of gender norms on men and boys MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Elected women from around the world tackle gender equality MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK drives progress on gender equality in the Middle East MoD News 0
OsmiumOxide Trump bans Trans-Gender The Quarterdeck 52
trelawney126 Unisex Loos or Gender Benders Diamond Lil's 28
soleil Guardian: "Army Comes Top For Public Sector Gender Equality" Current Affairs 3
T Man's genes key to a baby's gender Diamond Lil's 2
S Gender quota Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
N Gender (sex) of Rum Ration usership Site Issues 3
2_deck_dash Raleigh Stereotypes Diamond Lil's 85
TattooDog Forum Stereotypes The Gash Barge 9
MoD_RSS Pivotal THINK! campaign calls on young men to step in and stop their mates from drink driving MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Three men plead guilty for dumping waste illegally MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Ahmad statement on the executions of three men in Bahrain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Two men rescued after their vessel catches fire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Calls for more men to work in the early years MoD News 0