Gen Sir Richard dannett on question time BBC1 @ 22:35

danny said:
2badge_mango said:
I was deeply unimpressed by the Naval wife whinging about her husband deploying for 6 months. What does she expect? "Join the Navy and stay at home"? More fodder for the anti RN sections of society!

2BM
Was painful watchig her
Anti RN sections of society? Most 'sections' of so called 'society' ain't even heard of it lover.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
tommo said:
I watched it and couldn't understand the point or question the matelot's wife in the audience said/asked the panel. She was pretty much trying not to cry as she spoke saying her husband having to go away for 6 months deployment (not to afgan) they have 4 kids what about them.

My thoughts was "life in a blue one!" She did make me laugh out loud!
I watched it on BBC i player and i agree. What the hell did she expect when she married the bloke? Baffling.

Have to agree with the comments about the naval wife. I'll bet her husband will squirm when he gets to view her five seconds of fame! Thought Paddy was a bit OTT about Dannat and what he did on his terminal leave. Did we not look for a job during that time? I certainly did. If he took up the job after he left the Queens service then what was Paddy's problem?

Blackrat said:
tommo said:
I watched it and couldn't understand the point or question the matelot's wife in the audience said/asked the panel. She was pretty much trying not to cry as she spoke saying her husband having to go away for 6 months deployment (not to afgan) they have 4 kids what about them.

My thoughts was "life in a blue one!" She did make me laugh out loud!
I watched it on BBC i player and i agree. What the hell did she expect when she married the bloke? Baffling.
My missus started to scream at the TV at that point and retired to bed.