GD Marine (Merged)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Royalmarinesnewrecruit, Jan 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Duties Marine Help

Hi everyone, this is my first post, thanks for all the great advice so far.

I was just wondering, i recently went for an interview for Royal Marines Officer and failed at the interview because i didnt know the answers to a lot of the questions and i didnt have enough leadership experience for my age i.e. none. But all that aside my question is what kind of information will I be required to know for the interview for general duties marine and in what depth, it's just i REALLY want this and want to do as much as possible to pass this interview.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Regards
    Andy

2. General Duties Marine

Hi everyone, this is my first post, thanks for all the great advice so far.

I was just wondering, i recently went for an interview for Royal Marines Officer and failed at the interview because i didnt know the answers to a lot of the questions and i didnt have enough leadership experience for my age i.e. none. But all that aside my question is what kind of information will I be required to know for the interview for general duties marine and in what depth, it's just i REALLY want this and want to do as much as possible to pass this interview.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Regards
    Andy

3. Re: General Duties Marine

They'll ask you some corps history, dates they were formed, what the badge means, the 3 commando units, where they are based, weapons, recent deployments. all that can be found on the official web site or in the brochures provided. Good luck.

4. Re: General Duties Marine

Thats great thanks very much for that mate, do you think they'll want to know about landing craft used and navy ships that could be involved, anything about the viking all terrain vehicles or any other vehicles used, thanks

5. Re: General Duties Marine

its best to swat up on everything you can, it will only make you look a better candidate. the viking may come under the "new" equipment sector of the interview.

6. Re: General Duties Marine Help

Ninja Merge/delete? Same question asked and answered, also in Newbies.
    NZB

7. Re: General Duties Marine Help

.... I did brilliantly!

Spat my tea over the keyboard .... PMSL :w00t: