GCSE's essential?

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
Does one need the exact GCSE's which are specified on each job role on the website? such as Maths and English at grades A-C? I have my C or above in English, Science and others but got a dirty D in Maths.
Asking as I'm interested in RN Police if there is a way around it.
Or possible to change branches later.

Appreciate any help.

Kindest Regards

N

Does one need the exact GCSE's which are specified on each job role on the website? such as Maths and English at grades A-C? I have my C or above in English, Science and others but got a dirty D in Maths.
Asking as I'm interested in RN Police if there is a way around it.
Or possible to change branches later.

Appreciate any help.

Kindest Regards

N
Why not just redo the maths, it's free.

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
I've looked into it but it's a 12 month course in the area where I am ( north yorks moors ) and I just missed the enrolment. Plus I have already been waiting over 1 year since I passed RT for my initial choice as a Handler.
I would appreciate most jobs in the Navy and have respect for anyone in the mob, just would of loved to go for the RN Police it sounds great.
Ah well I should of listened more in maths shouldn't I.

I've looked into it but it's a 12 month course in the area where I am ( north yorks moors ) and I just missed the enrolment. Plus I have already been waiting over 1 year since I passed RT for my initial choice as a Handler.
I would appreciate most jobs in the Navy and have respect for anyone in the mob, just would of loved to go for the RN Police it sounds great.
Ah well I should of listened more in maths shouldn't I.
See if you can find a 'link' near you. Do the maths key skills to get the equivalent, should only take a few months.

Course double check with AFCO it's recognized first.

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
Do you know if the key skills/ functional skills maths is recognised or does it need to be a certain GCSE course?
If it's just a few months I'll definately get straight onto that.
Thanks mate

Do you know if the key skills/ functional skills maths is recognised or does it need to be a certain GCSE course?
If it's just a few months I'll definately get straight onto that.
Thanks mate
As far as I know if you were in the Navy and went reggie without the required gcse then the course they put you through is the equivalent, not the full gcse.

Of course direct entry could be very different.

And I could be wrong.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Key Skills are not accepted in lieu of GCSEs for direct entry however, Naval Police still recruit predominantly from within the service (sideways entry). So far as I'm aware, the "in service" Literacy & Numeracy Test (LANTERN), if passed at an adequate level, will suffice for sideways entry into the Naval Police.

As has been suggested already, the ELCAS scheme permits service personnel to take or retake educational qualifications from GCSE upwards whilst serving.

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
Ok thanks for that. If I had the choice to change later down the line with my maths up to date that would be great. Will be grateful to get in either branch anyway to be honest.

Regards

N

Ok thanks for that. If I had the choice to change later down the line with my maths up to date that would be great. Will be grateful to get in either branch anyway to be honest.

Regards

N
With the difficulty many have of getting into any branch, you will have done well to join and pass all the training for your chosen branch, it is not a given that all will pass all training.

NateDogg

Lantern Swinger
I agree Sumo, I will be very proud and grateful to get in either branch. I am just waiting on my start date now. Hoping very soon I have been waiting 12 months but I'm sure it will be worth it.

NateDogg - there is another solution. Maths and English GCSE resits take place in November with provisional results released in January. You could enter as a private candidate and hire a tutor to get you through the exam. It's pricey but it might save you a few months.

Message me if you need more information.