GCSE Certificates help

Hello, i'm new to the forum so aplogies if this the wrong thread etc.

I'm applying to become a warfare officer. I have passed my recruit test and I am currently at the medical stage. However, ive lost my GCSE certificates and need them to move forward with my application.

I got a statement of results from my old school, but my afco said that this wouldnt work and that i need replacement certificates from the exam boards but the exam boards say that they cant send replacement certificates, only a statement of results, which my afco also said wouldnt work. I have even tried asking my college to see if they have any photocopies of my qualifications on file, which they didnt. I am stuck with what to do and Im worried as I dont want something this simple stopping my application process. Sorry for the lengthy post, but does anyone have any advice or suggestions for other methods of getting my certificates? Thanks

Seadog

War Hero
You could expend more effort and imagination looking for and finding the originals.

I expect that the issuing of duplicate certificates is in the gift of the Exam Board and only after ‘exhaustive and expensive enquiries’. I’ve seen those words regarding other qualifications with fraud potential.

I managed with a “certified true copy”. I can’t remember who or where supplied it. It was so long ago and Jackie Fisher was on his first stint as First Sea Lord.

It may be that your AFCO is being misinformed or unfair or suchlike.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Duplicate certificates can be issued by the examining body but they cost an extortionate fifty quid a crack, more or less.

Your AFCO is 100% correct, AIB will not accept a statement of results....but they usually will accept a letter from your school on headed notepaper, listing the qualifications taken and grades achieved, backed-up by a statement of results.

Ultimately, the onus is on the individual applying for the job. Very often it's a case of the applicant not bothering to collect or find their certificates. Most often it's A level results that are missing because students don't collect them or assume that a degree makes them unnecessary.

If your AFCO dispute the confirmatory letter will suffice, just send the school letter & statement of results to your AFCO with a covering letter requesting they acknowledge receipt and confirmation they will forward to AIB, pending their decision.

Good luck. A salutary lesson. Most people nowadays take a photo of them to record the serial number, it saves a lot of heartache. Likewise passports.

Duplicate certificates can be issued by the examining body but they cost an extortionate fifty quid a crack, more or less.

Your AFCO is 100% correct, AIB will not accept a statement of results....but they usually will accept a letter from your school on headed notepaper, listing the qualifications taken and grades achieved, backed-up by a statement of results.

Ultimately, the onus is on the individual applying for the job. Very often it's a case of the applicant not bothering to collect or find their certificates. Most often it's A level results that are missing because students don't collect them or assume that a degree makes them unnecessary.

If your AFCO dispute the confirmatory letter will suffice, just send the school letter & statement of results to your AFCO with a covering letter requesting they acknowledge receipt and confirmation they will forward to AIB, pending their decision.

Good luck. A salutary lesson. Most people nowadays take a photo of them to record the serial number, it saves a lot of heartache. Likewise passports.
Ok i'll try them methods, thanks for the advice

T

Thanks for your help