GCSE Certificates help

Athox33

Midshipman
Hello, i'm new to the forum so aplogies if this the wrong thread etc.

I'm applying to become a warfare officer. I have passed my recruit test and I am currently at the medical stage. However, ive lost my GCSE certificates and need them to move forward with my application.

I got a statement of results from my old school, but my afco said that this wouldnt work and that i need replacement certificates from the exam boards but the exam boards say that they cant send replacement certificates, only a statement of results, which my afco also said wouldnt work. I have even tried asking my college to see if they have any photocopies of my qualifications on file, which they didnt. I am stuck with what to do and Im worried as I dont want something this simple stopping my application process. Sorry for the lengthy post, but does anyone have any advice or suggestions for other methods of getting my certificates? Thanks

Seadog

War Hero
You could expend more effort and imagination looking for and finding the originals.

I expect that the issuing of duplicate certificates is in the gift of the Exam Board and only after ‘exhaustive and expensive enquiries’. I’ve seen those words regarding other qualifications with fraud potential.

I managed with a “certified true copy”. I can’t remember who or where supplied it. It was so long ago and Jackie Fisher was on his first stint as First Sea Lord.

It may be that your AFCO is being misinformed or unfair or suchlike.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Duplicate certificates can be issued by the examining body but they cost an extortionate fifty quid a crack, more or less.

Your AFCO is 100% correct, AIB will not accept a statement of results....but they usually will accept a letter from your school on headed notepaper, listing the qualifications taken and grades achieved, backed-up by a statement of results.

Ultimately, the onus is on the individual applying for the job. Very often it's a case of the applicant not bothering to collect or find their certificates. Most often it's A level results that are missing because students don't collect them or assume that a degree makes them unnecessary.

If your AFCO dispute the confirmatory letter will suffice, just send the school letter & statement of results to your AFCO with a covering letter requesting they acknowledge receipt and confirmation they will forward to AIB, pending their decision.

Good luck. A salutary lesson. Most people nowadays take a photo of them to record the serial number, it saves a lot of heartache. Likewise passports.

Athox33

Midshipman
Duplicate certificates can be issued by the examining body but they cost an extortionate fifty quid a crack, more or less.

Your AFCO is 100% correct, AIB will not accept a statement of results....but they usually will accept a letter from your school on headed notepaper, listing the qualifications taken and grades achieved, backed-up by a statement of results.

Ultimately, the onus is on the individual applying for the job. Very often it's a case of the applicant not bothering to collect or find their certificates. Most often it's A level results that are missing because students don't collect them or assume that a degree makes them unnecessary.

If your AFCO dispute the confirmatory letter will suffice, just send the school letter & statement of results to your AFCO with a covering letter requesting they acknowledge receipt and confirmation they will forward to AIB, pending their decision.

Good luck. A salutary lesson. Most people nowadays take a photo of them to record the serial number, it saves a lot of heartache. Likewise passports.
Ok i'll try them methods, thanks for the advice

Athox33

Midshipman
T

Thanks for your help

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
klgreload Having no GCSE certificates for Raleigh Joining the Royal Navy 6
3 Misplaced GCSE certificates before Raleigh Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
E GCSE Certificates. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 27
MoD_RSS Guide to GCSE results for England, 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCSE and A level students to receive centre assessment grades MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Triple lock for students ahead of A level and GCSE results MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual GCSE and A level consultation outcomes and autumn exam series proposals MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual publishes initial decisions on GCSE and A level grading proposals for 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual seeks views on GCSE and A level grading proposals for 2020 MoD News 0
Gematria GCSE Science - Advanced Apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
MoD_RSS Open letter: GCSE tier entry guidance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inter-subject comparability in GCSE modern foreign languages MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCSE entries to arts and core academic subjects rise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guide to GCSE results for England, 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Education Secretary says post-16 options better than ever, as GCSE results released MoD News 0
MoD_RSS GCSE 9 to 1 grades MoD News 0
3 Alternatives in absence of GCSE English, Maths and Science Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS News story: Revisions to music and dance GCSE, AS and A levels MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Long-term plan for GCSE computer science confirmed MoD News 0
S Applying for the TMO Officer Role but no GCSE math Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS News story: Consultation on changes to performance rules in GCSE, AS and A level music and dance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Future assessment of GCSE computer science MoD News 0
I Joining as dual citizen- need gcse/a levels? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
NateDogg GCSE's essential? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
S Deck Officer Cadet - GCSE worries! RFA 9
B Not done GCSE,s RFA 8
D Maths GCSE resit whilst serving The Quarterdeck 6
N GCSE or equivalent???? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
M missing a GCSE!! argh!!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Squirrel Language GCSE's - no need to sit an oral exam. Current Affairs 17
slim New GCSE builds teenagers' skills Diamond Lil's 3
R I need help sorting my late fathers 6 off 1939-45 medals & 2 off Mention in Dispatches Certificates. Site Issues 7
MoD_RSS Medical Device “Certificates of Compliance” / “Attestation of Conformity” have no legal standing under MDR MoD News 0
MoD_RSS VMD Export Certificates being issued electronically MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minor changes to the appearance of physical DBS certificates MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Conman sentenced for selling forged exam certificates MoD News 0
E Education Certificates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Press release: Fishing industry encouraged to get ready for EU catch certificates in the event of a no deal MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Certification Office: certificates of independence MoD News 0
E Duplicate certificates The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 3
M Questions on birth certificate & educational certificates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
A Joining as an Logistics Officer with foreign education certificates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
R Replacement Certificates UPO 2
T What Certificates will an RFA Officer cadet achieve after finishing there 3 years of College RFA 3
C Dual nationality and birth certificates? RFA 3
Seaweed RN Service Certificates History 3
T Exam certificates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 39
Rumrat Service Certificates. Diamond Lil's 14
F First Aid Certificates Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 10
trelawney126 Birth Certificates for MP's Diamond Lil's 3