Gay Matelots beware!!

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by chockhead819, May 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Not being controversial for the sake of it, but there are two sides to every story. Have the USN given their account yet?

2. I remember reading that on Saturday in Stars and Stripes. He had to repay his $15K bonus for staying on when he was his discharged but has not received that back. Let's hope tha USN do the honourable thing and pay back the money.

3. Personally, I have no problem with Gay's at all. They're all "nice boys" :lol:
    However, one thing does puzzle me regarding them in the forces....

How can you be expected to fight with a sore arse?

:D :wink:

-sorry, could'nt help it

4. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"I thought it was a joke at first," he said, remembering the day he received his recall orders. "It was the ultimate kick in the ass. But then I thought, there isn't much they can do to me they haven't done the first time."

...and lets face it, he should know....

I have read this in the US Force's press - the reason its making news is that its the first time the 'don't ask, don't tell' policy has been tested. Normally, and correct me if I''m wrong AAC, if someone 'outs' themselves then they are administratively discharged. What has made waves was the speech by CJS in which he declared homosexuality immoral and against the law of nature etc etc. and instances like this are predicted to increase in order to force (sic) the issue.

5. Can't call me back, I'm way past the acceptable age now....lol.

6. Correct. In this case however there is speculation as to whether he appears to have been recalled because of some administrative error or there has been an unannounced change in policy for the duration of the current operations in Iraq, given that the US Forces are currently experiencing recruitment and retention problems.

7. The article isn't all that clear, was he recalled on a permanent basis or just for the one year deployment?

Mind you, I think the US approach is a farce, and equally senior commanders shouldn't be spouting off using religious language about the services they purport to lead.

8. hello again bud

8O Your not gay are you? :wink:

btw, did it really come off in your hand?

-actually, I dont think I want to know :wink:

9. Matelots used to fight with sore backs, back in Nelson's day! Matelots are tough, you should know that, and can therefore cope with anything.... OK, then 200 years ago they were a lot tougher... and today? ...well apart from loosing their iPods... :lol:

10. Errm, yes to the first part 8O
    And no to the second part (thankfully). :lol: :lol:

11. ...........................................................................................................

12. sgtpepperband

It is a misconception that all gays fancy all straight men. Furthermore, with mixed manned messdecks, would you (as a female) want to wake up at 0700 to see a hairy-scrotumed matelot swinging his arse out of the pit above yours?!

I don't and I'm not female or gay!

:?

13. lets hope he's in the bunk above though :wink:

14. Well were it me, I'd quite happily share a messdeck with the lasses. I'm really not bothered, so long as they could handle me dhobeying my smalls in the sink, naked, to keep cool and stop what I was wearing getting drenched!

15. sgtpepperband

And how big do you think those sinks on board warships are?! 8O

16. Tee Hee and bang on mate, it never was a pretty sight!

17. a foot across and 6 inches deep... sufficient for smalls, water, dhobey dust and ten fingers! :eek:

18. Sorry! don't our modern day matelot use a dhobi bucket any more for their ovvies etc.????????????????????????????????????

What is the world coming to.

Nutty

19. The U.S. navy, isn't that the one with no doors on the shit houses? Excuse me but there are some things that need doing in private.
    It would be enough to make you more anally retentive than the chap who features in the next paragraph.
    I remember going on a U.S. warship somewhere warm. The officer on the gangway asked us if we were security cleared to 'unclassified'?? And made a comment that he thought the shorts we were wearing could 'promote' homosexuality (chinese tailor versions, not the flying pussers version) skimpy but perfectly decent.
    Now, none of you have actually seen my legs, but believe me there is no possible chance of that.
    Thoughts of 'get out more' must have gone through my tiny mind. When they found out we were actually allowed the evil of alcohol on board I think they thought we were taking the mick.