Gash Buzz?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by dustyjack, Feb 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, we all fall for gash buzzes from time to time and maybe this is my time oppo of mine told me this morning that he had seen a newspaper article a couple of weeks ago about Jack and the Crabs having to take over guard duties at Buckingham Palace as the Household Regiment was too stretched on active operations and needed the extra guys who are gurding the palace at the moment to and join in the war fighting. Now as much as I would like to disbelieve this, it has the ring of truth about it given the overstretch all three services are going through.
    Anyone else seen or heard anything about this or know any more info?
  2. I think that buzz originated on this site, someone suggested that Jack does the royal duties stuff to free up some pongoes.

It got shouted down very quickly (manpower shortages), and now it seems to have come full circle.
  3. God forbid, would Jack have to wear one of thos big stupid furry hats?
    Can't see it somehow.
  4. think of all the gizzits and rabbits though!LOL
  5. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

We could have one of those special RN platoons for trooping the colour, you know when every matlow manages to turn up in a different rig :lol:
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Wrens to get divs again! (Like they were before they were eligible for Sea Service...) :twisted:
  7. Like the cavalry.

You do realise that if someone turns up and he's matching someone else he has to go away and get changed again!
  8. Having attended a meeting of the Gait & Gaiter brigade last night I can confirm that The Royal Navy will carry out "London Duties" in May>

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum.
  9. What? Safeguard?
  10. Well at least they won't wake the Queen up with all that unnecessary stamping of feet.

11. As I understand it, it's not just a matter of the Household and Guards' divisions being overstretched. Most other regiments and corps of the army take their turn at Public Duties, and the Queens Colour Squadron of the RAF Regiment do it a fair bit. In fact, the first unit to mount guard at Buckingham palacae with the (THEN) new SA80 rifle were no other than our finest Royal Marines. It's no new thing, it just doesn't come round to it being jack's turn that often, that's all.
  12. Have been informed that the training will start for this at C'wood in the next two to three weeks, lads have been pulled from moth-balled ships and those in refit / ded. About a hundred plus will be sent up for it.
    Pity the poor tourist coming to see changing of the guard and getting Jack on an handover...... :lol: :lol:

13. You have to smile , can't even imagine it , like to see it though , :wink: :???:
  14. Just had a mental picture of the "Ceremony of the Keys" at the Tower at the height of the tourist season 2007.

Sentry :- Halt! Who goes there?

Answer :- The Keys.

Sentry :- Who's keys?

Answer :- I don't f*cking know. Some pongo threw 'em at me before he pi*sed off!

15. Totally random rumour

Somebody told me this and i dont really beleve it. but i never see the news or read papers and just wondered if there is any truth to it.

The army are that overstreched that they arnt going to be guarding buckingham palace any more and matloets are going to be doing it.
    Now the idea of matloets standing perfectilly still to attention for hours on end to me is totaly laughable.

Is there any truth?
  16. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Re: Totally random rumour

there's another thread on this somewhere mate, Royal has been doing london duties for years so there's nowt special about jack having to do it, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when them guardsmen drill instructers turn up at "HMS dontwanna be here"

get some!!!! good p1ss up though, there's a pub at the top of brewers street (just off piccadilly) that still sells beer for under £2 a pint, full of poofters so be careful.
  17. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Re: Totally random rumour

Sorry, should have added that it's probably Jacks turn again to do london duties, and the booties who normally do it are overstretched so it's been palmed off to jack to supply the bods. nothing to do with the army's commitments. (which are formidable)
  18. Re: Totally random rumour

i just think its laughable. i dont think the navy has the dicepline to cope with. japaneese tourists tormenting you for hours
  19. Re: Totally random rumour

The tourists don't get anywhere near the guards at Buck House. The forecourt lies between the sentry boxes and the fence!
  20. Re: Totally random rumour

Obviously not an ex navy type!!!!

And obviously a twelve year old!!!