Gary Barlow Tweeter

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sgtpepperband, Aug 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

After the controversy about the gombeen who was posting offensive tweets about Tom Daley's Dad, what about this fella, who's set a new level?

This Troll makes Tamnottle look like a primary school wuss; I know little about him but I understand he has a significant Google profile from previous controversial tweets. Apparently he previously advocated "managed anorexia" which garnered him death threats and caused him to flee to the south of France (although it was clear he meant what he preached he backtracked by saying it was an experiment into trending on social media, the back-pedalling twunt).

Now, I know we have a reputation for sick jokes - and I imagine most of us are not card-carrying fans of Take That - but nobody deserves having the death of their unborn child to be publicly hounded like this. I know this is some twisted tactic to feed his sociopathic desire for attention, but Kenneth Tong deserves to be brought down a peg or two.

Anybody with a Twitter account want to enter a growing campaign to pop his little bubble..? :wink:
  2. Yes, this is sick. We engage in quite a lot of "sparring" on this site, and there have been a number who have left as they have not been able to take the comments and equally have provoked a lot of antagonism.

Is being mean a crime? I believe that the criminal actiopn taken against the Daley tweet was due to death threats - not saying that he had let down his dad - can this be confirmed - or what crime is committed by saying a person let down his dead dad ?

Likewise a number of tv presenters/ politicians who would happily use social media for their own advancement get obnoxious comments by sad twisted individuals for perverted gain - but at what point is a crime committed. This must be a dilemma for the police as this is a new form of behaviour.

The huge increase in "comment of this article" in the emdia allows anyone to be anyone and express an opinion instantly for all to read. Subject to varying degrees of control it allows YOU to make the headlines even for a few moments - even if for all the wrong reasons.
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

People read the internet........... shit, I'm fucked.

But SPB this 'google profile" the fella has must be due to people reading what he writes.
  4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

This is exactly why I don't have a twitter account, I come across enough tossers in real life that enrage me without having them deliver messages to my smart phone or my laptop personally.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I had to trade in my phone 3 weeks ago because the network I was on became defunct, I loved that phone, it didn't have a camera or any fancy shit it just did what it said on the tin. I think I'd best stay away from twitter, it'll end badly if I had one of them accounts.
  6. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Yes but we'd laugh our tits off reading about it in the paper mate, don't be so selfish think of others.....

7. Proof, if it were needed, that there is in fact a line.
    • Like Like x 1

8. Aye you will find people like SPB on there and that is why I don't have an account either.
  9. sgtpepperband

To be aware of this story does not mean that I use Twitter, Tamnottle (I don't, by the way). It's basically Facebook for ugly people.
  10. Using that criteria you should be on the board of directors, anyway you would say that.
  11. sgtpepperband

Brilliant! :|
  12. Did you expect anything less?
  13. If this was Joe Bloggs from a council estate you would not bother with this.
  14. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm going to take a leap of faith here and guess Gary Barlow isn't gay and has a Mrs who lost a baby?

Ohhh the outrage!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I love Trolls. They make me laugh.

And to be honest, I always have been an advocate of managed anorexia.

Looks like I'm a sociopath. Hey-ho. . .