Gannets at Lossiemouth!! didnt know that!

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by scouse, Mar 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw a photo circa 72 of the old station flight line, with those Brawdy boys on it :cry: :cry: :wink: http://usera.ImageCave.com/scouse/Lossiemouth_flight_line_849_NAS(1).jpg

2. Scouse, are you sure the photo was taken at Lossie, as it looks like Culdrose to me (before the big rebuild)?

3. :wink: Was sent to me,in good faith. For the Lossiemouth Artefacts plea for help ,for the reunion 27th May :wink:

4. Bloody heck, I only posted that photo on PPRuNe 12 hours ago, it's already nicked and hosted elsewhere :roll:

I took those photos at Lossie sometime early 70's: 73, I think, but the Wardroom roof may have been earlier. Ark's B Flight disembarked to Lossie for some reason, plus a Sea Prince at the end of the flight line. These are my originals, hosted on my site :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. :lol: Scousers never Thieve :wink: :wink: Just Borrow :roll: cheers Dave P :oops:

6. Nah! not CU. Can't recollect masts to the right of the tower.

7. Being one of the last to leave Lossie in72 when the RAF took over, would have been around that time as the Sea Princes (Observer School) left before the RAF took over.

8. Another photo taken at the same time: 849B Flight at Lossiemouth: nowhere else :wink:

[​IMG]

10. Carry on :wink:

:D

11. Thanks 8) you can be my DO!! Pics of Buccs are always better!!! :wink: :wink:

12. Plenty of them here :D

A couple of boring ones:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. DO and sports/entertainments Officer :wink: :wink: Closest he ever got to the Splash target!! They wouldnt be Goofing if he was doing a long Toss :roll: :roll: My image cave is full to bursting :lol: :lol: