Gangway duties, rules and regulations

Would appreciate any help, maybe from any Gunners who may know the rules best, or where to find the rules on this would be appreciated? I tried loading up the BR but suspect it isnt apple compatible.

What are the rules for gangway duties, is it acceptable to do 1 in 3 days on the gangway 6 hours on, 6 off? Is it legal to do the full weekend on the gangway, or is this not officilly allowed, ie the weekend is now Friday and Sunday, with a different watch on the Saturday?

Your help is much appreciated!

2 deck dash!

Would appreciate any help, maybe from any Gunners who may know the rules best, or where to find the rules on this would be appreciated? I tried loading up the BR but suspect it isnt apple compatible.

What are the rules for gangway duties, is it acceptable to do 1 in 3 days on the gangway 6 hours on, 6 off? Is it legal to do the full weekend on the gangway, or is this not officilly allowed, ie the weekend is now Friday and Sunday, with a different watch on the Saturday?

2 deck dash!
On the basis I was 1 in 2 OOD for 6 weeks, quite a lot of me wants to tell you to man up.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Welcome.

Always a good starter to find out the legal stance with regard gang-way watch parameters for armed personnel before quoting the book at the person that arranges the roster. Wise move.

Odds are, in the Armed Forces, there's always the chance a terrorist ceasefire can be demanded if insufficient manpower is available or indeed in the heat of battle, if the Woos wish to invoke caveats if they haven't had their statutory 8 hours kip before launching a dawn aerial attack whilst the baddies are knocking out the zeds.

Welcome.

Always a good starter to find out the legal stance with regard gang-way watch parameters for armed personnel before quoting the book at the person that arranges the roster. Wise move.

Odds are, in the Armed Forces, there's always the chance a terrorist ceasefire can be demanded if insufficient manpower is available or indeed in the heat of battle, if the Woos wish to invoke caveats if they haven't had their statutory 8 hours kip before launching a dawn aerial attack whilst the baddies are knocking out the zeds.
GCAS 120 max for the whole time I was in the Stan. No 8 hour waits there :) and that was the down days!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer

2 deck dash!
The official answer is... you do what your DepCo and Chief QM tells you. Suck it up, sugartits... :thumbleft:

I once did an entire year alongside of 2 days on the gangway, 2 days off, 2 days on, 4 days off.

6 hours on 6 hours off for your two days on.

It was ****.