Ganges62- THE HARD OF HEARING THREAD!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by ganges62, Dec 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: please help me !!!

LEAVING GANGES SHIPMATES WAS NEVER A PERSONAL CHOICE OPTION,FOR THOSE WHO COULDN'T HACK IT,THERE WAS JUST DESPERATE MEASURE'S,SELF HARMING/MENTAL BREAKDOWN , IT AIN'T PRETTY ,SEEING SOMEONE CRYING FOR HIS MUM,AND SOILING THEIR BEDDING.HAVING SIGNED ON ,THE TERMS WHERE 9 YEARS FROM 18,AS WE WERE ONLY 15,THE FIRST 3 YEARS COUNTED FOR NOTHING,NOT EVEN PENSIONABLE SERVICE,THEN EVEN IF YOU HATED EVERY LIVING BREATHING MINUTE OF THE MOB,YOU WERE NOT ELIGABLE FOR (D BY P),DISCHARGE BY PURCHASE ,AS IT WAS KNOWN THEN,UNTIL YOU HAD COMPLETED 2/3 OF YOUR MANS TIME,THEN THE PROCESS WOULD TAKE 18 MONTHS,SO WHATEVER,THIS MEANT 3 YRS AS A BOY + 6 YEARS MANS TIME+18 MONTHS AWAITNG D BY P, YOU WOULD SERVE 10 1/2 YRS MIN! THAT AIN'T LAMP SWINGING,JUST FACT,SO BE GRATEFUL A SYSTEM LETS YOU BALE OUT IF IT AIN'T FOR YOU,BUT FOR THOSE THAT WENT THRU IT,WE MIGHT HAVE LEFT THE ESTABLISHMENT,BUT GANGES NEVER LEAVES YOU.I FIND IT HILARIOUS TO FIND YOU HAVE TO QUEUE UP TO GET IN THESE DAYS,TAKE MY HAT OFF ,TO THOSE THAT SERVE TODAY,BUT YOU REALLY DID MISS SOMETING THAT CONSTITUTED A NAVY IN THE 60s,TRY THREE CARRIERS ALONSIDE IN SINGAPORE DOCKYARD(EAGLE, VICTORIOUS,BULWARK)AND A COMBINED FAR EAST FLEET OF 70-80 SHIPS WITH 2 YEAR DEPLOYMENTS FROM HOME,BACK IN THE DAYS WHEN THE CHINA FLEET CLUB,WAS ON WANCHAI WATERFRONT,FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE RATINGS OF THE ROYAL NAVY AND THEIR GUESTS,NOT A GOLF CLUB IN OGGIELAND.WHOOPS NEARLY FELL INTO GOOD OLE DAYS SLOT,BUT FEEL JUST A TOUCH SAD,TO SEE WHAT HAS BECOME OF THE NAVY I SERVED IN,BUT THEN I HAD MY MOMENT INTIME,JUST AS THOSE SERVING NOW ARE HAVING THEIRS,JUST ENJOY IT MATES,AND HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS,AND A SAFE RETURN TO YOUR FAMILIES ,IF ABROAD.DON'T FORGET IF YOU'VE PULLED THE' MIDDLE',WITH NOTHING BUT A GENNY FOR COMPANY,THATS LIFE IN A BLUE SUIT. :thumright:

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Re: please help me !!!

Why are you shouting??

3. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

Old age ;)

4. Re: please help me !!!

BECAUSE OF POOR EYESIGHT,NEXT QUESTION OF SUBSTANCE PSE.INTERPRETATION OF SHOUTING IS IN YOUR MIND,BIGGER WORDS ARE EASIER TO SEE,IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE.WHY THE QUESTION ,OR DON'T YOU GET OUT MUCH?NOW DO ME A FAVOUR AS ITS CHRISMAS DAY,FCUK OFF,YES I KNOW ITS SPELT WRONG BUT HOPE YOU CAN WORK IT OUT.I DON'T KNOW IF ITS CHANGED MUCH BUT A DEFINITION OF 'JANNER 'IN A CERTAIN ERA WAS PASTY FACED,CRINKLY ROUND THE EDGES,AND FULL OF SHIT,IS THIS STILL TRUE ?

5. Re: please help me !!!

Obviously you are new to this modern computer lark.
    You are, in fact doing the online equivalent of shouting by typing in upper case.
    If your eyesight is that bad, may I suggest you choose a different resolution for your screen or use the windows built-in magnifier, instead of being obnoxious after only 6 posts ;)

6. Re: please help me !!!

Perhaps he was a G.I.?

7. Re: please help me !!!

I think has it is christmas im going to take a sympathetic, approach,being in ganges in 1962 would suggest a more mature person, owuld not be able to Navigate is computer i personally was a Raliegh Lad ,promoted from type 21s to type 42s,my additional attrbutes was that i was trained to a man of steel the home of the Royal Navy yes guessed pOMPEY now if you think i am talking a load of shit you would probably be perfectly right
    Merry Christmas every one

8. Re: please help me !!!

HEY ARSE WIPE,DON'T NEED A LESSON FROM A BOD WITH A ARSE HOLE FOR A AVATAR,AS FOR A SUGGESTION TRY PUTTING YOUR KEYBOARD UP WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE,JUST REMEMBER NO ONE LIKES A SMART ASS :pukel: INITIALLY I WAS JUST PUTTING A FEW BITS OF INFO FROM TIMES PAST,AND GUESS WHAT YOU HAVE ALL SORTS OF SADO'S ,WANTING TO KNOW THE INSIDES OF A RATS ARSE,IF THIS WOT THIS WEBSITE AND THE 'KIN MODERN NAVY IS LIKE,SORRY I'LL LEAVE YOU TO YOUR SPILTARSE ,POOFY, NO SMOKING,RUM FREE ENVIROMENT,TO GET YOUR ASS KICKED BY A FEW IRAQiS IN A SPEEDBOAT,WHILE YOUR STATE OF THE ART WARSHIP,SNAFU'S A PR EXERCISE.STILL THERE ALWAYS A GAY PRIDE PARADE.CARRY ON.

9. Re: please help me !!!

Oh god how boring you are.
    Run along back to the TV room mate, its Ovaltine time Norm :roll:

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

There's me thinking it was the lot next door.
    Try pressing "Ctrl", the Up arrow above it and the "+" sign simultaneously to increase the font size for the hard of hearing.

Happy Christmas one and all.

11. Re: please help me !!!

ganges 62 mate, if u wana rant on bout times past go create ur own website...this site has been a lifeline for me and i should imagine hundreds of other prospective ratings/officers.

12. Re: please help me !!!

HI TERRY, I'M AFRAID YOUR CRYSTAL BALL IS GLAZED,HAVE YOU TRIED POLISHING YOUR BALLS LATELY,MOST OF US COULD SPELL GUNNERY INSTRUCTOR,BUT THEN TIMES CHANGE,IS THE FLEETBOARD FOR P.O. STILL "SKETCH AND DESCRIBE A GAITER" IN THE 'GREEN DRAGON' IN ROWNER?

13. Re: please help me !!!

THANKS FOR THE INFO,YOU JUST COME BACK,OH GOD ,YOU BANTER ON LIKE A LANQUID LESBIAN,WHOSE LOST THE CO2 CHARGE.REMEMBER SUNSHINE IF YOU CAN'T TAKE A JOIN YOU SHOULDN'T JOKE.

14. Re: please help me !!!

Presumably they didn't cover joined up typing, punctuation or use of whitespace.

Stop using caps lock, frankly it's unreadable.

15. Re: please help me !!!

If you want to pick up someones spelling, do make sure your spelling is beyond reproach.
    Now, Cup of Tea? :thumright:

16. Re: please help me !!!

'KIN LAUNCESTON ,NO WONDER YOU NEED A LIFELINE,THE ONLY THING SIGNIFICANT ABOUT THE PLACE IS A STEEP HILL WITH A SHARP BEND,AS FOR YOU IMAGINING THINGS ABOUT THE SITE FOR HUNDREDS OF PROSPECTIVE MATELOTS,WELL ENJOY THE DREAM,COS IN REAL TIME,YOU HAVE TO WALK THRU A DOOR,WALK THE WALK ,N TALK THE TALK,AN DO IT FOR REAL NOT A PLAYSTATION AND IF TRAVEL BROADENS THE MIND,WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?HEY IT 's XMAS I'M IN A GOOD MOOD -- NEXT.

17. Re: please help me !!!

HI KARMA,FRAID NOT MATE,NO EXCUSES ,TYPING WAS STRICTLY FOR GIRLIES,ARE YOU A GIRLIE? WOT CAN SPELL,THE MORE INSULTS I GET BOY ,IT JUST MAKES ME THINK WOT A LOAD OF SENSITIVE JESSIE'S,WE HAVE MASQUERADING AS MATELOTS,AN JUST FOR THE RECORD I AIN'T BANGIN ON ABOUT ABOUT OLD TIMES ,OR ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR,CEPT TO ALL THE OLD MATELOTS I KNOW WOULD LAFF THEIR COCKS OFF AT THIS LOT HERE.BIT OF ADVICE TO YOU CHUM,INSTEAD OF BLEEDING LIKE A SEPTIC AHOLE,DON'T DO A MARY WHITEHOUSE,JUST USE THE OFF SWITCH.NEXT QUESTION.NEVER HAD SO MUCH FUN,SINCE BUYING PRINCEES ANN A DHOBY BUCKET AS A WEDDING PRESSY.

18. Re: please help me !!!

Perhaps you need to reconsider your definition of insult...

19. Re: please help me !!!

WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT SPELLING,SORRY I DON'T DO SERIOUS,BET YOU TAKE ONE HELL OF A TIME TO SEND A TEXT, TRY' ROFLMAO' SAVES A LOT OF TIME. SAY THAT TO SOMEONE THAT GIVES A DAMN.

20. Re: please help me !!!

Indeed