Games on long trips?

Yorkie_S/M

Lantern Swinger
When we were on long trips we had Ukers Championships (which was always won by the skipper or else, runner up took the prize money) Cribbage, Chase the Pisser and Bingo (5 or 10 numbers a day) and some boats had Bridge and Canasta Schools. Do these nukes still play these communal games or is it computer games etc.
 

x4nd

Lantern Swinger
Yorkie_S/M said:
When we were on long trips we had Ukers Championships (which was always won by the skipper or else, runner up took the prize money) Cribbage, Chase the Pisser and Bingo (5 or 10 numbers a day) and some boats had Bridge and Canasta Schools. Do these nukes still play these communal games or is it computer games etc.
Some times. We played bingo to raise money for meningitis and had the odd inter mess games nights. It was mainly dvds (in the mess) and as you mentioned, computer games.
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
On long deployments I would do sponsored sleeps (but would forgot to collect the money; and to write down any of the pledges...) :lol:
 

SELJUK

War Hero
Shootouts around the boat with masking tape guns. Pretending to be invisible. Forming gangs and going on kidney punch patrols. Playing eye spy. This is true.......in the sound room under the ice and as boring as only under the ice can be.....
Figgy....eye spy with my little eye something beginning with L.
After twenty minutes no winners....even back aft in manouvering couldn't suss it.
Figgy...give up....yeah ok, go on what is it.......
Figgy......Lastic band!!!!
I kid you not people.........
Taffs turn.....eye spy.....something beggining with BHV.....again all and sundry non plussed. It's real is it Taff, you're not making it up...nope!
give in....yep.....................Bibs Hull Valve.........ahhhhhhh....it's eye spy with my little xray eye then Taff, so when did we agree to a change in the rules you cheatin' Druid! Thump!!!!
 
:toilet: (Freckles)
-----------------------------------------------------------
We like Freckles but forgive me, whats 'Spoons' ? HORNBLOWER (Skimmer & proud of it) :tp: :dwarf:
 

Polto

War Hero
SELJUK said:
Shootouts around the boat with masking tape guns. Pretending to be invisible. Forming gangs and going on kidney punch patrols. Playing eye spy. This is true.......in the sound room under the ice and as boring as only under the ice can be.....
Figgy....eye spy with my little eye something beginning with L.
After twenty minutes no winners....even back aft in manouvering couldn't suss it.
Figgy...give up....yeah ok, go on what is it.......
Figgy......Lastic band!!!!
I kid you not people.........
Taffs turn.....eye spy.....something beggining with BHV.....again all and sundry non plussed. It's real is it Taff, you're not making it up...nope!
give in....yep.....................Bibs Hull Valve.........ahhhhhhh....it's eye spy with my little xray eye then Taff, so when did we agree to a change in the rules you cheatin' Druid! Thump!!!!

Eye spy with my x-ray eye!! :notworthy: :sign5: ALBOWCO!!!!
 

bigbaddog

Banned
The wonderful relaxing board game - "RISK".
You battled for global domination and "promised"
your oppo you wouldn't go for "Siberia" or some
other place his "armies" were encamped on......
then you did....knocked him out of his country
and then the real blood and teeth started
to scatter......happy sneakies!
:argue:

 

Chaz

MIA
I'm CT by trade but did a trip as a rider from Sep-Nov last year on a boat - my first boat trip in 24 years and was well impressed. The games in the SR's mess were great. Scrabble was probably the most popular followed by Risk and of course Uckers. Crib was very popular and nearly resulted in a couple of stormy games when playing pairs. "Chase the pisser", "Noms" and "Shit on you oppo" were played too. There was also a S/Coy competition of Uckers won by the Skipper. The CO was also a Master chess champion and challenged anyone on board to take his crown - all failed. Also had an ongoing weekly quiz for everyone. It was great seeing hardly any PSP's and the like.
 

UncleAlbert

War Hero
Yeah…got to be "chase the pisser"…biggest backstabbing card game ever….
In my day it wasn’t unusual to see someone offered out …..nowadays I suppose they just sulk.
 

BusterQuin

War Hero
On the Trenchant in 1990 the post evening meal game of the S/R's was community belching along 2 deck passageway
HMS Active 92-94 there was great rivalry between the PO's and CPO's messes on the SRE quiz causing the shit to be beaten out of the connecting bulkhead between the 2 lounges
2000-01 Iron Duke CPO's mess pictionary on a briefing whiteboard was always popular-2 teams and whoever shouted the loudest won!! Spookily the wardroom always knew when we were playing pictionary
There was also a wholeship intermess games league which was great fun
 
Inter ship quizes via radio and monopoly was always good for a laugh until someone threw their teddy out when they lost along with the board and contents.
 

witsend

MIA
Book Reviewer
Not so long ago in a ocean far away the wardroom decided to have a weekly quiz run by the Education Officer. Being the smarty pants that they think they are sometimes, they believed they had in in the bag. Each week the EO would come aft to the tech office and type up his questions and answers. He would then print them off and slip forward to host the quiz.

After he was gone a simple push of the button produced the last print off from the printer. He never could work out why some weeks we got 20 out of 20. :boogie:
 

fishhead

War Hero
witsend said:
Not so long ago in a ocean far away the wardroom decided to have a weekly quiz run by the Education Officer. Being the smarty pants that they think they are sometimes, they believed they had in in the bag. Each week the EO would come aft to the tech office and type up his questions and answers. He would then print them off and slip forward to host the quiz.

After he was gone a simple push of the button produced the last print off from the printer. He never could work out why some weeks we got 20 out of 20. :boogie:
How come you didn't get 20 out of 20 every week if you had the answers?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Government and video games industry join forces in fight against coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government adds Paralympic Games to listed events regime MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Team UK unveiled for Invictus Games in The Hague 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Equality takes centre stage at this year's Mey Highland Games MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government introduces Commonwealth Games Bill for Birmingham 2022 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Travel advice for the European Games in Belarus, 21-30 June 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Secretary of State Appointments to the Organising Committee for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: British athletic games launched for wounded Armed Forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Team UK unveiled for the Invictus Games Sydney 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle meet Invictus Games UK Team hopefuls MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Daz beats bullies to lead England’s boxers at Commonwealth Games MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK team returns following major success at the Invictus Games MoD News 0
Sumo Invictus Games Sports and Adventure Training 4
MoD_RSS News story: UK team sets off to compete at the Invictus Games Toronto 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Prince Harry unveils the UK team for the Invictus Games 2017 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Prince Harry meets Invictus Games hopefuls at UK trials MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Rousing ceremony closes the 2016 Invictus Games in Orlando MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: The Invictus Games has begun with a glittering ceremony in the US MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Prince Harry unveils the UK team for the Invictus Games 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Invictus games launched MoD News 0
Sumo Commonwealth Games a blessing after Kiss ball in Brazil? Diamond Lil's 24
soleil Mail: "Navy Landed With £2million Bill As 'War Games' Are Torpedoed By The French" The Fleet 34
soleil Expr: "'Cold War Cat And Mouse Games Put Us On Red Alert,' Says Submarine Commander Submariners 21
soleil Navy News: "Flagship Bulwark Hosts Navy Seal During Scottish War Games" The Fleet 0
Waspie The new games console for women!!!! Miscellaneous 1
TeddyT Belgian spy games Current Affairs 1
trelawney126 Let the G4S Games Begin Current Affairs 17
Ageing_Gracefully Book Competition - ROMAN GAMES Competitions 23
N Video games or something else? Diamond Lil's 4
MG Maniac Alternative Olympic Games Diamond Lil's 25
soleil Liverpool Echo: "Liverpool RN And RM Reservists To Guard Olympic Games Spectators" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
soleil Mail: "Fun And Games On The Thames As Navy Practises Over Tower Bridge" The Corps 18
soleil Rossshire Journal: "Ross 'War Games' No Fun For Whales, Says MSP" The Fleet 0
S Easter Deployment Games SCC and URNU 7
soleil Evening Standard: "Navy's Biggest Ship To Guard London Games" The Fleet 8
Naval_Gazer RN officer wins two bronze medals at Commonwealth Games Sports and Adventure Training 2
Rumrat What does England expect from the commonwealth Games? Diamond Lil's 16
stan_the_man Games you played as a kid Diamond Lil's 25
B Any good Wii games?! Gaming 11
soleil Herald (Scot): "Whale watchers shadow huge war games" Bases / Shore Est 0
R Oz Navy's Alleged Sex Games Current Affairs 2
janner Games consoles Gaming 22
Ja5on Need help with drinking games Diamond Lil's 10
Nails Shooting games from the OTHER perspective Gaming 12
2_deck_dash New to the site, bring on the fun and games Diamond Lil's 9
K Self introductions & Ice breaking games? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
Oil_Slick Opening ceremony for the 2012 games Diamond Lil's 0
witsend submarine games Gaming 1
W The 2014 Commonwealth Games (funny) Diamond Lil's 6
KLNA-Cessna-Jockey Glasgow to get 2014 Commonwealth Games Current Affairs 21
Similar threads


















































Latest Threads

New Posts

Top