Games on long trips?

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Yorkie_S/M, Mar 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When we were on long trips we had Ukers Championships (which was always won by the skipper or else, runner up took the prize money) Cribbage, Chase the Pisser and Bingo (5 or 10 numbers a day) and some boats had Bridge and Canasta Schools. Do these nukes still play these communal games or is it computer games etc.
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Freckles, followed by Spoons...

3. Wanking.
  4. sgtpepperband

...each other?
  5. Some times. We played bingo to raise money for meningitis and had the odd inter mess games nights. It was mainly dvds (in the mess) and as you mentioned, computer games.
  6. sgtpepperband

On long deployments I would do sponsored sleeps (but would forgot to collect the money; and to write down any of the pledges...) :lol:
  7. SR Mess were reported to be well versed in the art of naked Twister!
  8. sgtpepperband

9. Shootouts around the boat with masking tape guns. Pretending to be invisible. Forming gangs and going on kidney punch patrols. Playing eye spy. This is the sound room under the ice and as boring as only under the ice can be.....
    Figgy....eye spy with my little eye something beginning with L.
    After twenty minutes no winners....even back aft in manouvering couldn't suss it.
    Figgy...give up....yeah ok, go on what is it.......
    Figgy......Lastic band!!!!
    I kid you not people.........
    Taffs turn.....eye spy.....something beggining with BHV.....again all and sundry non plussed. It's real is it Taff, you're not making it up...nope!
    give in....yep.....................Bibs Hull's eye spy with my little xray eye then Taff, so when did we agree to a change in the rules you cheatin' Druid! Thump!!!!
  10. :toilet: (Freckles)
    We like Freckles but forgive me, whats 'Spoons' ? HORNBLOWER (Skimmer & proud of it) :tp: :dwarf:

11. Eye spy with my x-ray eye!! :notworthy: :sign5: ALBOWCO!!!!
  12. The wonderful relaxing board game - "RISK".
    You battled for global domination and "promised"
    your oppo you wouldn't go for "Siberia" or some
    other place his "armies" were encamped on......
    then you did....knocked him out of his country
    and then the real blood and teeth started
    to scatter......happy sneakies!

13. POLTO....interrogative ALBOWCO......I only ask because at times I can be incredibly dense!!!! ;)
  14. I'm CT by trade but did a trip as a rider from Sep-Nov last year on a boat - my first boat trip in 24 years and was well impressed. The games in the SR's mess were great. Scrabble was probably the most popular followed by Risk and of course Uckers. Crib was very popular and nearly resulted in a couple of stormy games when playing pairs. "Chase the pisser", "Noms" and "Shit on you oppo" were played too. There was also a S/Coy competition of Uckers won by the Skipper. The CO was also a Master chess champion and challenged anyone on board to take his crown - all failed. Also had an ongoing weekly quiz for everyone. It was great seeing hardly any PSP's and the like.
  15. Yeah…got to be "chase the pisser"…biggest backstabbing card game ever….
    In my day it wasn’t unusual to see someone offered out …..nowadays I suppose they just sulk.
  16. I remember those days too - all too PC nowadays!!
  17. On the Trenchant in 1990 the post evening meal game of the S/R's was community belching along 2 deck passageway
    HMS Active 92-94 there was great rivalry between the PO's and CPO's messes on the SRE quiz causing the shit to be beaten out of the connecting bulkhead between the 2 lounges
    2000-01 Iron Duke CPO's mess pictionary on a briefing whiteboard was always popular-2 teams and whoever shouted the loudest won!! Spookily the wardroom always knew when we were playing pictionary
    There was also a wholeship intermess games league which was great fun
  18. Inter ship quizes via radio and monopoly was always good for a laugh until someone threw their teddy out when they lost along with the board and contents.
  19. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Not so long ago in a ocean far away the wardroom decided to have a weekly quiz run by the Education Officer. Being the smarty pants that they think they are sometimes, they believed they had in in the bag. Each week the EO would come aft to the tech office and type up his questions and answers. He would then print them off and slip forward to host the quiz.

After he was gone a simple push of the button produced the last print off from the printer. He never could work out why some weeks we got 20 out of 20. :boogie:
  20. How come you didn't get 20 out of 20 every week if you had the answers?