Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by finknottle, Feb 7, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'll opt for the wooden rustic version.

Call me cynical but is this a show of genuine concern or an excellent PR photo opportunity? Either way at least he has made the effort, unlike Cameron and Lord Smith.

2. Call me Dave has said he will definitely visit later on, maybe, due to expenses cut backs, he hasn't got any wellies.
  3. But Charles is Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall - both on the left hand side. Dave is PM of the whole lot - he can't be seen to be showing parochial regional favouritism FFS.
  4. Of course how did I fail to spot those salient facts!

Anyway it's looks like Charlie’s visit has done the trick, as apparently there is no precipitation in Somerset at the moment. It looks like England’s future king may have succeeded where Cnut failed.
  5. Besides, isn't Dave doing his bit to keep Scotland in the UK today with a speech at the old Olympic stadium or whatever?
    • Like Like x 1

6. I understand that to be the case, however he could have popped down to Somerset earlier in the week and is that the speech that IMO, should have been delivered north of the border.
  7. Crying out loud Finks, you can't expect him to take a whole day to travel to the frozen north to give a speech on a non-event when he has the option of popping down the road to achieve the same effect ;-)
  8. Give him a break, least he chipped in 50 grand. :rolleyes:
  9. At least A.Salmond didn't try.
  10. Tax deductible I hope, in these times of austerity I wouldn't like to see a fellow pensioner having to eat into his hard earned savings.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  11. I am sure 50 grand will go a long way to ease the suffering of those poor people in Somerset...........It'll buy a few rounds at the pub no doubt.
  12. Pubs not open though, just how much do you think he should have donated then ? Some people cannot applaud a step in the right direction, just see fit to criticise others.
  13. Not criticising, just making a flippant is my want.
    ....but, seeing as you're on the phone......the money was from one of his charities.....not a penny of his own was donated.
  14. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

I loved Cameron's comments about the government doing all they can to help the people of Somerset. How about stopping funding India's space programme????
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Money , which is the same value and just as able to do the same good, lets at least agree that he instigated it.