Game Jackal

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Menace, Mar 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just fiished playing Call of Duty4 so I thought I would treat myself to a new game so I shelled out for Frontlines "Fuel of War" . Have installed the game but keepgetting this message.

SecuROMâ„¢ has determined that the emulation tool 'Game Jackal' is running. Please be informed that SecuROMâ„¢ protected applications will not work with such tools.

Anybody any idea what Game Jackal is and how I get rid of it?

2. the people at www.pcadvisor.co.uk (or could be .com) may be able to shed a light if RR cant help you out.

3. Might be worth doing a sweep with Adaware and SpyBot to see what they pick up.
    SecuRom is CD/DVD Protection Software held embedded in the game disk to stop people using emulators that create "ghost" DVD Drives, which in turn would enable you to "mount" an image of a disk that perhaps you hadn't bought, and run the game from it.
    Right Click on your Task Bar (bottom strip of screen) and Left Click on Task Manager. Click on the "Processes" Tab and have a look down it to see if Game Jackal is there. If so select it and click on the "End Process" button. you need to trawl your system though mate for any sign of it.