Gambling Adverts

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by trelawney126, Feb 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else miffed about tha amount of gambling and gaming adverts on TV before the 9 o clock watershed. The adverts for ladies lingerie have all but disappeared from our screens. We're going to end up with a country of gamblers, not interested in the more perverse side of consumerism
  2. I bet we don`t.
  3. Could say the same regards animal cruelty and saving African/Burmese kids from imminent starvation!

Adverts = make a cuppa. I'll drown soon with my fluid intake!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I've noticed alot of they Bingo adverts, the deals are tempting but im not a Woman stuck in a midlife crisis so im not eligible for them
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It's that twat that comes on screaming about Ladbrokes! He is rapidly taking the place of the fat Go Compare ads on my hit list!
  6. The one with the smarmy fox gets on mine.
  7. I have to agree with Trelawney.I don't watch commercial TV that much but when I do the upturn in adverts promoting on-line gambling.Many of them aimed at women who are invariably depicted laughing,partying and having a jolly good time.I'm not sure how this relates to a miserable few minutes ticking off bingo numbers on your pooter.Children from a very young age are also exposed to this barrage of enticement along with their mothers and obviously regard it as normal to gamble all day.This does not bode well for the future.There was time that if you wanted to squander your wages/benefits(delete as appropriate) you had to get off your backside to go to the bookies or bingo hall nowadays even that little avenue of exercise has been eroded.
  8. Being married I don't have any control at all over what is watched which is why I spend so much bloody time on here!!!!!!

But the channels she watches have loads of adverts. On average every 8 minutes. A 1 hour programme is between 42 and 43 minutes in length if there are no adverts!!!
  9. You want to try it here 10 min of programme 15 min of adverts never know if I'm in the middle of the programme or what, very confusing
  10. Adverts????? Thats what the "fast forward" button is for ... As both Mrs MG and I put in 12 hour days (at work and sorting her bl**dy mother out at the end of the day) ... most of what we watch is recorded on Sky+ so when we get in a 7pm ... by the time got dinner sorted and sat with feet up its a case of going back through what we have on record and fast forwarding through the adverts!
  11. Oi Waspie........... get in , we are off to Vegas huhuhuhuhuhu!
  12. Its alright mate , I 've had an awful lot of coffee!!!!
  13. But I've packed and everything!!!!!:confused1: