Gallery Pictures of Badges

I have just been trawling through the pictures of branch badges in the photo gallery. I was hoping to grasp what some of the new badges meant in the way of branches.

Not a single name, title or explanation on any single one, WHY? Granted one or two are obvious but most mean about as much as a 'Spiders Web' does to a 2006 New Entry.

Nutty

Did you know that they dont get there branch badges until they actually finish there respective branch courses now!

Nicks said:
Did you know that they dont get there branch badges until they actually finish there respective branch courses now!
Me thinks that is because they now all go to the same place for specilist training, instead of the branch dedicated traing base, ie. Dryad, Murcury, Sultan, Pembroke, Collingwood, Cambridge, Vernon etc. Branch badges made you part of the team.

Not a good move in my opinion, team building means to make a person part of the team as soon as possible. A bit like telling a squaddie he is not part of the Regiment and can not wear the Regimental Insignia until he has done parts 1 and 2 of his basic training.

Nutty

andym

War Hero
Us MA's never got our branch badges till we fininished parts 2 and 3 training and that was in the late 70's!!!!

Makes me think of all those wasted hours at Ganges sowing on your badges on every bit of kit they gave you,if only I was 16 again!!

D

Deleted 7

Nicks said:
Makes me think of all those wasted hours at Ganges sowing on your badges on every bit of kit they gave you,if only I was 16 again!!
If you dare carry on with that oute of convo, I will force my PMT mood swings ont he lot of you!!!!!!!

However, I am not going through the whole gallery naming them all, just yet any how. Wouldn't mind with some help either :wink:

Jenny_Dabber said:
Nicks said:
If you dare carry on with that oute of convo, I will force my PMT mood swings ont he lot of you!!!!!!!

However, I am not going through the whole gallery naming them all, just yet any how. Wouldn't mind with some help either :wink:
:roll: I would help you JD but I don'y know what they represent :roll:

Nutty

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has appointed Mark Cecil and The Rt Hon Chris Grayling as Trustees of the National Portrait Gallery. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Three Trustees appointed to the National Gallery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Extension of Dexter Dalwood a Trustee at the National Gallery MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Trustees Appointed to the National Portrait Gallery MoD News 0
soleil "Building Work Starts On A New Remembrance Gallery in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard" Bases / Shore Est 1
Stirling Gallery. Site Issues 3
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Portsmouth's Round Tower as art gallery Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 0
Seaweed Gallery problem Site Issues 3
scouse plonkers on the gallery Current Affairs 4
janner Comments in Gallery Not Working Site Issues 8
soleil Online Submarine Art Gallery Submariners 6
Montigny_La_Palisse The RR photo gallery Diamond Lil's 40
whitemouse Photo gallery slimming ? Site Issues 2
scouse photo gallery 70/Arethusa The Fleet Air Arm 0
bigbaddog The Art Gallery The Gash Barge 1
M Photo Gallery Site Issues 3
andym Odd goings on in the gallery Site Issues 2
janner Gallery Site Issues 11
D EW Picture in the gallery! Diamond Lil's 2
The_Black_Pig Gallery Photos Current Affairs 1
Good_CO Gallery / Avatars / New server Site Issues 3
soleil FB: Standing NATO Mine Countermeasures Group 1 - 2019 In Pictures The Fleet 0
Waspie New Wafu stuff, with pictures too!!! The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil West Bridgford Wire: "Pictures: HMS Sherwood Parade Through Nottingham City Streets" Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
soleil Scottish Sun: "Birdseye View - Breathtaking Aerial Pictures Of Scotland Taken By Daredevil WW1 Pilot Who Survived Nine Crashes" The Fleet Air Arm 2
BillyNoMates Join the pictures 2015. Diamond Lil's 3
Seaweed ???????????? Pictures on RRPedia ?????? Site Issues 0
SONAR-BENDER Pretty pictures Submariners 2
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: Ice patrol ship photos win Royal Navy annual awards Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: Falklands veteran meets Argentine pilot he shot down 30 years ago Current Affairs 13
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: Remembrance 2011 Current Affairs 0
soleil Opération Harmattan Documented In Pictures By The French Ministry of Defence International 9
soleil Telegraph: "In Pictures: BAE, Barrow And The Building Of The Astute Class Submarine" Submariners 1
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: HMS Liverpool's 100th day of patrols off Libya Current Affairs 0
MoD_RSS IN PICTURES: Navy helicopters 'bag' Afghan drugs Current Affairs 0
BillyNoMates Join the pictures 2011. Diamond Lil's 715
soleil BBC: "In Pictures: HMS Ark Royal Through The Years" The Fleet 0
soleil BBC: "In Pictures: HMS Chatham Final Return To Plymouth" The Fleet 1
Hermes_R12 HMS Argyll in Liverpool (pictures) The Fleet 0
U Life in Sangin: A story in Pictures – Final Part Current Affairs 1
U Life in Sangin – A Story in Pictures: Part 2 Current Affairs 1
U Life in Sangin – A story in pictures Current Affairs 2
BillyNoMates Pictures that are wrong. Diamond Lil's 48
Passed-over_Loggie Big Shots Swop Pictures. Current Affairs 5
S Pictures Diamond Lil's 108
S Some Old Pictures History 3
2_deck_dash How to post pictures Bloody Computers 5
Ja5on Pictures of women you fancy The Gash Barge 3
S submarine pictures Submariners 13
TheAaronP A few Pictures (taken in the Falklands & Ascension islands) The Quarterdeck 9