Future World

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by hobbit, May 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know if this will be out of the rules for RR but I received it as an email from a former RN corespondent in UK> There is a video involved and it is at URL http://www.usawakeup.org/ if it works . Cant give a direct link as I dont know how to set it up. anyway it is intended as information, I have no hidden agenda in this parenoid PC world but this , if accurate , I find disturbing.

You awake each day to the Muslim muezzin call to prayer from the neighborhood mosque - as millions of Europeans already do.
    Liberals espouse “diversity is our strength†as Islamic enforcers cruise the cities in their quest to shutter, or harass any establishment that is contrary to Islamic “sharia†Law. Guns are confiscated and stiff penalties are dished out to citizens who defy the new anti-gun laws. Women are told to cover their hair and face when in public.
    You are cautious about attending public events or being part of any large crowd as these are the favorite targets of suicide bombers in their quest to exhibit violence against non-Muslims who resist conversion or surrender. Dissent has been stifled since the Fairness Doctrine was reinstated.
    A new Senator is sworn in, one of several Senators that have recently converted to the Muslim faith. Muslim populated districts are increasingly changing the political landscape by sending more electees to Congress.
    A recent ruling from the Supreme Court states sharia law does not violate the “separation of church and state.†This ruling paves the way for Islamic controlled municipalities to govern every aspect of religious, political, and personal life of the local populace-- [amounting to a form of totalitarianism analogous to Communism].
    The Hollywood Left gives up gay rights in favor of the much safer charms of polygamy.
    As Mark Steyn [author of the New York Times bestseller “America Aloneâ€] puts it, "The future belongs to the fecund and the confident. And the Islamists are both, while the West -- wedded to a multiculturalism that undercuts its own confidence, a welfare state that nudges it toward sloth and self-indulgence, and a childlessness that consigns it to oblivion -- is looking ever more like the ruins of a civilization."
    If you think this can't happen, you haven't been paying attention to what’s been happening in Europe and the UK. Europe is almost certainly a goner, as Mark Steyn laments in his book, but America can still survive, prosper, and defend its freedom only if it continues to believe in itself, in the sturdier virtues of self-reliance (not government), in the centrality of family, and in the conviction that our country really is the world's last best hope.
    The Muslims have a twenty year goal to conquer the West. They have only a short 13 years remaining until victory, as their quest started in 2000.
    Wake up America before it is too late!
  3. Hobbit
    This is just another attempt at scaremongering. Presently the Islamic population in the Uk is approximately 5%. Given that their are a minority of extremists carrying out terrorist activities I cannot see many UK citizens converting to Islam, I know that Cat Stevens converted but that was before all the terrorist activities started, in fact he is probably one of the best adverts for Islam being a religion of peace.
    Having worked in many Muslim countries and been woken by the call to prayer at stupid O'clock I cannot see any Mosque in the UK being allowed to fit an external PA system which would wake up whole areas.
    What I would like to see though is the Islamic population actively condemning the terrorists instead of closing ranks to protect them.
  4. Some of the schools of thought are making some inroads in the prison system, which is where the majority of converts seem to be coming from.

Now if the message being communicated wasn't corrupted that wouldn't be a big issue, since being a good muslim becomes an exercise in self discipline and adherence to the laws as handed down by God, however that is less often the case.
  5. Then perhaps we should offer these prison converts Sharia law if they re-offend.
    Lets see how many would remain in the faith if it meant losing their right hand.
    I think we only have to look at the situation in Turkey to see that the majority of the Islamic population wish to remain in a secular society.
  6. Scaremongering or a case of the ' Emperor's New Clothes ' ?

Many years ago, there lived an emperor who was quite an average fairy tale ruler, with one exception: he cared much about his clothes. One day he heard from two swindlers named Guido and Luigi Farabutto that they could make the finest suit of clothes from the most beautiful cloth. This cloth, they said, also had the special capability that it was invisible to anyone who was either stupid or not fit for his position.

Being a bit nervous about whether he himself would be able to see the cloth, the emperor first sent two of his trusted men to see it. Of course, neither would admit that they could not see the cloth and so praised it. All the townspeople had also heard of the cloth and were interested to learn how stupid their neighbors were.

The emperor then allowed himself to be dressed in the clothes for a procession through town, never admitting that he was too unfit and stupid to see what he was wearing. He was afraid that the other people would think that he was stupid.

Of course, all the townspeople wildly praised the magnificent clothes of the emperor, afraid to admit that they could not see them, until a small child said:

"But he has nothing on!"

This was whispered from person to person until everyone in the crowd was shouting that the emperor had nothing on. The emperor heard it and felt that they were correct, but held his head high and finished the procession.

Are we all ' Emperors ' ?
  7. It's not retrospective. However it's clearly offering something which other faiths aren't offering.

The majority of the population there. but there are significant tensions and a lot of navel gazing on the topic.
  8. I think it's worth actually reviewing the reality rather than accepting some conspiracy theory septic chain letter. And understanding something of Islam as well.
  9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Anyone remember the band The The? They had a hit in 1989 with "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)". Matt Johnson showed a prescience of the times to come in the immediate short-term as well as further down the line; strangely prophetic!

[align=center]They're 5 miles high as the crow flies
    leavin' vapour trails against a blood red sky
    Movin' in from the East toward the West
    with Balaclava helmets over their heads, yes!

But if you think that Jesus Christ is coming
    Honey you've got another thing coming
    If he ever finds out who's hi-jacked his name
    He'll cut out his heart and turn in his grave

Islam is rising
    The Christians mobilising
    The world is on its elbows and knees
    It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

It's war, she cried, It's war, she cried, this is war
    Drop your possessions, all you simple folk
    You will fight them on the beaches in your underclothes
    You will thank the good lord for raising the union jack
    You'll watch the ships sail out of harbour
    and the bodies come floating back

If the real Jesus Christ were to stand up today
    He'd be gunned down cold by the C.I.A.
    Oh, the lights that now burn brightest behind stained glass
    Will cast the darkest shadows upon the human heart
    But God didn't build himself that throne
    God doesn't live in Israel or Rome
    God doesn't belong to the yankee dollar
    God doesn't plant the bombs for Hezbollah
    God doesn't even go to church
    And God won't send us down to Allah to burn
    No, God will remind us what we already know
    That the human race is about to reap what it's sown

The world is on its elbows and knees
    It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds
    Armageddon days are here again[/align]

10. Totally agree, couldn't have put it better myself.
    Seems to me that we have actually got nothing to fear from Islam. Same as not having anything to fear from the Catholic faith per se during the "troubles" in North Eire ;)

The problem, as we all know, is a small minority of extremists NOT being ostracised by the rest of their community. This is what needs to change if peace between our religions is to be achieved.
  11. Whilst it is perhaps not happening openly the police/intelligence services seen to have far better info coming in from the Muslim community that there ever seemed to be in NI from either side.
  12. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I don't think it's even worth a second thought to be honest, take it as the bigoted ill informed nonsense that it is! Some village may be missing an idiot, others are populated entirely by them! The Catholic Church pedalled the same nonsense about the Church of England, the Nazi's about the Jews and the NF about the Jamaicans. Anyway got to go, I think that sounds like I am being called to prayer along with millions of other "Europeans"
  13. Sad i know, but i cant actually see this turning out to be real in several years time due to SH1TE like human rights, political correctness, etc, etc. About time someone put their foot down and said enough is enough!
  14. LEICESTER - minority = British, English people.
    MAJORITY = ETHINIC minorities!

Thats 1 city that they've conquered, how many more to go until people wake up and do something about it!

We'll all be speaking Islam before we know it. However, id kill myself first before i ever converted to that religion!
  15. Interestingly I went to Leicester a few years back and had great difficulty in finding a curry house in the town centre. Now if it had been some where ,like Leeds or Bradford I would have had no problem.

PS I wouldn't convert to any religion.
  16. Chrystal
    There are many inner city areas where minorities outnumber the indigenous population. however all ethnic groups are not Islamic. I cannot see the British people ever using Arabic (the language of Islam) as an everyday language. We live in a democracy so unless you are going to persuade the white British majority to move into these areas then there is not a lot which can be done. Many youngsters in these areas now speak English as their first language and I have met more than a few who have told me that though they speak Urdu or other languages they do not consider themselves fluent.

17. Actually, muslims only make up 2.7% of the population. The figure is widely distorted by Amrican xenophobes to scare the people into thinking Britain is being 'overun' by Muslims.

FWIW… I think we should be more worried about the Jeddi Knights who are Britains 4th largest religion according to the 2001 census.
  18. I hate to disagree with people but i find that extremely hard to believe that Muslims only make up 2.7% of the population. Especially when visiting Birmingham or anywhere in the Midlands to be precise. If anything id say that 2.7% are the amount of people that are Muslims which live north than the midlands!

FWIW THEY were also on about putting up load PA's where i come from in the Midlands to broadcast their morning calls!!!!! Now please tell me why would i want to hear anyone wailing their head off at the crack of Dawn!

And its strange that on your last sentance you quoted about jeddi knights and their religion, funny you should mention that as i have been considering of coverting to that!
  19. Christal
    Do not convert to Jedi, welcome to the dark side :) much more fun.
    Though they would like to put PA systems on mosques this will never get the go ahead due to our noise laws. Lets face it the call to prayer is part of their religion but it does not have to be done with amplifiers. Perhaps in this day and age the followers of Islam can be given a radio frequency to use, they would then be able to tune a radio receiver in their homes and listen to the call without disturbing us Infidels. The overall percentage is correct at less than 5% however Muslims tend to live in their own communities and areas. The British also do this when they move abroad.
  20. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

I'm glad you're not a statistician, that ranks along the classic blunders of:
    1. Carrying out an attitude survey about gambling at Aintree on race day.
    2. Assuming that coriander seed prevents lung cancer because the Indian diet is rich in the spice, a very high proportion smoke and yet very few die of lung cancer in India. (interestingly cumin may just be the answer!)
    3. Stating that lemmings commit mass suicide to control their own population because several hundred were once filmed running off a cliff.
    4. Using sulphur and mercury to make gold because when mixed together they form a soft yellowy gooy stuff.
    5. Assuming gravity is a reaction to the rotation of the Earth and holds us down.
    6. Here be dragons................. need I go on!!!