Future of Submarine Bases in Scotland in doubt?

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by thingy, Oct 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

O.K, think like a MP. On one hand you have the good news, re-investment, jobs, prospects,wealth.

On the other you have climate change mumbo jumbo and unemployment.

What do you reckon they'll do?

2. Fudge it or promise one thing and do the opposite!

3. Dry Dock, my arse, they dont need one. The new boats will be the same size or smaller than current, and .... oh shit... there is already the ship lift and the EHJ. They are unlikely to build a new shiplift, just re-fit the existing one. That puts the buffers on the first argument. As far as the environmental guff is concerned, not sure what pollution they are concerned about. If they are concerned about sewage discharge, the last time i checked, the shit tank high level discharge it was conected to a big **** off lorry on the jetty which took it to the local STP for treatment.

When alongside, boats discharge shag all overboard (intentionally) and are almost certainly less polluting than the majority of crap that flows out of glasgow. And as has been already stated here, if the Bombers are removed from Faslane, there will be a huge economic impact on the whole of Dunbartonshire and Argyll and beyond. I am sure Barrow would love to have some boats based there instead! And am sure that the SNP would win soo many more votes from all the people it hasjust made jobless. However despite their short sighted stupidity dont rule them out. They may be capable of pulling this off.....