Further profligacy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by invinoveritas2, Aug 25, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MOD has just revealed that it has spent close on £1.9 million to date in defence of its nuclear testing programme. This is the amount paid to civilian counsel alone. Its army of civil servants supplying details to the High Court case will be infinitely more. The charade continues. How much more will be paid?- Who knows---.
    but certain QC's on the case will be planning their retirement on St Kitts and Nevis or wherever.

The MOD pursued a similarly expensive court case in defence of the Porton Down Guinea Pigs class action, only to lose ingloriously at vast expense to taxpayers.

They will lose again ,but this time the costs will be significant. Money for much needed new warships ---lining Silks' purses. "Ouch!"
  2. 10/10 for persistance Norm.
  3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Who knows indeed, Mr. Grantham. Perhaps you can enlighten us..? :sleepy:
  4. It's persistence in any event
  5. Ask one of your Admiral buddies :)
  6. sgtpepperband

Ooh, that's the cryptic clue for 7 Across in today's crossword in The Times! I met this fella the other day - he was good at crosswords. Can't remember his name, but I think it was P something T something R...

7. No No wasn't it C something something T ?
  8. And serious debate is called for?
    This sort of banal response weakens RR's attempt at seriousness . Seriousness? Perhaps you can enlighten us.
  9. 7 down A burdened Postman

How many letters?

Bloody loads!
  10. sgtpepperband

I actually work as a postman.

The pay isn't great, but anything addressed to 'Cash 4 Gold' is a good bonus.
  11. There's serious debate for you.
  12. Exactly.Serious debate for us.You can fcuk off :D
  13. Let's take ARRSE to task with adult debate

Let's show ARRSE the RN is capable of serious adult debating. Unlike you fikwit brownhatternumskullscabbygits,
  14. Ear.....Pig's ?
  15. Re: Let's take ARRSE to task with adult debate

Persistent aren't you
  16. Debate?

Sorry, Norman, you seem to find it very hard to take it all in but not many biters at RR are rising to take debates you keep dangling.

:idea: Why not just cut your losses and go and dribble elsewhere?
  17. You are right.Fewer and fewer with any vestige of fire in their belies. That's Britain today.
  18. sgtpepperband

He is. So bore off, helmet... :sleepy:
  19. Not sure what that is but when someone suggested age and colostomy I was reminded of La Colestomy a few miles south of Panama City. The Coxn and I enjoyed (?) this sweet young thing, a carrot and a mule, performing the most unspeakable of things. Never been able to eat carrots since.