Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Funny at any age

Is farting funny

• It gets less funny with age

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all funny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Now, we are a wide variety of age groups on here, read this from Sky news and let's find out if we all find this amusing or not.....

Jailed For Breaking Wind
Updated: 11:47, Tuesday October 10, 2006

A man has been jailed after breaking wind in Blackpool.

Joseph Wildy was led to the cells after farting in the town's magistrates court.

He had been told to apologise after being heard laughing with his co-defendants about his flatulence.

But he refused and was jailed for contempt of court.

He returned to court 90 minutes later and said sorry to Magistrate Simon Bridge.

A court spokeswoman stressed it was the laughter, not the bodily function, that led to Wildy being put behind bars.

"He was laughing in court, that's why he was found in contempt," the spokesman said.

"It was for interrupting the proceedings by laughing, and then refusing to apologise."

Always let your farts out.
If you keep them in they travel up the spine and into the brain. Thats where all the shitty ideas come from

So where does it say that farting can be construed as contempt of court. Come on you legal eagles....show us what you really know !

Or is it just that he laughed. heaven forbid we should be jovial in court. The fcuking stuffed shirt wig wearing wonkers !

slim said:
If you keep them in they travel up the spine and into the brain. Thats where all the shitty ideas come from

Unless you're on a pusser messdeck during training on your first night...

No running round the Parade Ground in your PJs and boots then Slim? :lol:

Always_a_Civvy said:
slim said:

Unless you're on a pusser messdeck during training on your first night...

No running round the Parade Ground in your PJs and boots then Slim? :lol:

Did plenty of doubling round parade frounds in my time.
Only wore PJs for basic training, horrible things.
Theres noting liks a good loud fart during divisions to start a round of laughter. Anything to brighten up a parade

A fart is good for the heart
It puts the stomach at ease
It warms the bed on a frosty night
And suffocates the fleas.

On the basis that a fart is by and large hot air coming out of ones ass accompanied very often by minute particles of excrement..( please note I have excluded fanny farts from this) how do most of the sitting judges/magistartes manage to avoid contempt of court....Have you heard some of the shit that comes out of their mouths recently!!!

WarMonger said:
On the basis that a fart is by and large hot air coming out of ones ass accompanied very often by minute particles of excrement..( please note I have excluded fanny farts from this) how do most of the sitting judges/magistartes manage to avoid contempt of court....Have you heard some of the shit that comes out of their mouths recently!!!

Couldn't agree more!! Plus most of them are actually old farts as well which stink even more after 60 years of festering!! :twisted:

CheefTiff said:
So where does it say that farting can be construed as contempt of court. Come on you legal eagles....show us what you really know !

Or is it just that he laughed. heaven forbid we should be jovial in court. The fcuking stuffed shirt wig wearing wonkers !

This and the comments that follow amaze me, can this be the same group that decrys modern youth and talks of falling standards.

Read the whole piece, this was a youth showing total lack of respect in a court of law, if the rule of law is no longer held in respect, the fabric of the country starts to go, look around you people, its happening.

Mind you the same people moaning about this will be banging on about zero tolarance again shortly.

You can't have it both was people. My opinion - put him down for six months and keep doing it to all those that shout abuse or show disrespect in Court, the habit will soon lose its appeal

CT just for your information Magistrtes don't wear wigs (of the legal sort) in court

janner said:
CheefTiff said:

This and the comments that follow amaze me, can this be the same group that decrys modern youth and talks of falling standards.

Read the whole piece, this was a youth showing total lack of respect in a court of law, if the rule of law is no longer held in respect, the fabric of the country starts to go, look around you people, its happening.

Mind you the same people moaning about this will be banging on about zero tolarance again shortly.

You can't have it both was people. My opinion - put him down for six months and keep doing it to all those that shout abuse or show disrespect in Court, the habit will soon lose its appeal

CT just for your information Magistrtes don't wear wigs (of the legal sort) in court
lev‧i‧ty  /ˈPronunciation[lev-i-tee]
–noun, plural -ties.
1. lightness of mind, character, or behavior; lack of appropriate seriousness or earnestness.