Funerals & Respect.

OK back to funerals, I don't want anyone to attend mine, my oppo has a volvo estate and should he survive me he can drive me up to the back of the cremo in my wicker basket and stack me up with the rest of the bodies ready for the night burning sesh.

Flagdeck

War Hero
I'd like to join in this debate...............but people might think I'm a busy body...........so I'll join Wits' 'Only the lonely' club.

Taloolah

Banned
Having read the sad story of the deceased RM caused me to reflect on my own recent experience.

I recently attended the funeral of an ex wartime FAA aircrewman who had served with courage & distinction, he died in his 90's in a care home having suffered poor health & dementia, & I attended as a representative, I duly turned up at the crematorium booted & suited to await the arrival of the hearse & mourners cars, when it arrived it was just the coffin in the hearse, all the mourners had come in their own vehicles, no one accompanied the coffin/him on his final journey, & after the short service they all just drifted off, "no gathering to reflect on his life, achievements or character" obviously straight back to their usual routine.

Speaking to the vicar who had taken the service he said that this was now common practice with the elderly, he new nothing of the deceased other than what he'd been told over the phone & he'd been booked by the funeral directors, he had no post funeral meeting/contact booked with the family to check that they were happy with the service.

What a bloody disgrace that parts of society have become so disrespectful of our old warriors who defended our country & freedom.:angry5:

Yep.
Although you're not allowed to say so as the value system of our country has turned to total and utter dogshit.

I spend alot of time with youngsters - trying to get their turkey-twizzler PARENTS to instill values beyond instant fame, fix and fortune is the biggest joke.

One small comfort.Despite the colossal ignorance of this man's family, you were there.He was therefore, honoured.

Latest Threads