Fundraising Events - All Welcome!

Hi All

Hope everyone is well.

You may recall that back in March, I posted on the board after you guys flooded it with tributes to my mate Paul & young anthony after the tireless accident. I'm back to pinch a little board space for an announcement if i may...

Back at home, we've been busy since the incident. A group of us have got together and formed a fund (soon to be registered charity) in memory of paul - the Paul McCann Fund For Needy Children.

This isnt a 'give us your money' post - but an invite to join us at a couple of events this year which we're holding.

Firstly, a cricket match. Paul was a keen cricketer (some of you may know), and I played with him since we were kids at Halesowen Cricket Club. It seemed only fitting that we put together a side to take on the mighty Navy team! So, on Sunday 29th June - we're hosting a day in the west midlands for just this! There will be raffles, auctions, cricket, food, disco, karaoke and of course BOOZE! (although after attempting to out-drink some of you lads at the funeral, I may stick to diet coke. I have decided that rum should be left to the professionals...)

We also have a christmas ball - black tie jobs, auction etc.

The fund has been set up to support the NSPCC & Childline - something Paul would definately approve of.

Appologies for website linking to the mods - but here's the website address:

www.fundforneedychildren.com

Shameful promotion, i know. :p

We will be auctioning via ebay some great sporting memorabilia that we've had donated to us too - be sure to check that out!

I rarely check any PM's here - but the email on the fund site comes to me - so if anyone would like to attend or have more details - fire away!

Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work guys.

Cheers

James.