Fundraising Events - All Welcome!

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by jamesm, Jul 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All

Hope everyone is well.

You may recall that back in March, I posted on the board after you guys flooded it with tributes to my mate Paul & young anthony after the tireless accident. I'm back to pinch a little board space for an announcement if i may...

Back at home, we've been busy since the incident. A group of us have got together and formed a fund (soon to be registered charity) in memory of paul - the Paul McCann Fund For Needy Children.

This isnt a 'give us your money' post - but an invite to join us at a couple of events this year which we're holding.

Firstly, a cricket match. Paul was a keen cricketer (some of you may know), and I played with him since we were kids at Halesowen Cricket Club. It seemed only fitting that we put together a side to take on the mighty Navy team! So, on Sunday 29th June - we're hosting a day in the west midlands for just this! There will be raffles, auctions, cricket, food, disco, karaoke and of course BOOZE! (although after attempting to out-drink some of you lads at the funeral, I may stick to diet coke. I have decided that rum should be left to the professionals...)

We also have a christmas ball - black tie jobs, auction etc.

The fund has been set up to support the NSPCC & Childline - something Paul would definately approve of.

Appologies for website linking to the mods - but here's the website address:

www.fundforneedychildren.com

Shameful promotion, i know. :p

We will be auctioning via ebay some great sporting memorabilia that we've had donated to us too - be sure to check that out!

I rarely check any PM's here - but the email on the fund site comes to me - so if anyone would like to attend or have more details - fire away!

Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work guys.

Cheers

James.

2. No worries mate,crack on with this as it is relevant to Submariners.Best of luck.