Full Set, Moustache Or Clean Shaven?

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by soleil, Jun 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Serving personnel do, of course, have to observe certain rules in this respect when on duty but, left to your own devices, what do you prefer?

Some men are unhappy without a shave to start the day; others like to sport a fashionable Tom Ford effect stubble; a few may go for the Tom Selleck look; one or two may even aspire to the full ZZ Top.

Which do you prefer?
  2. I prefer my WRENS clean shaven.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. :thumbup:Got to be clean shaved or the ladies will complain of stubble rash between the legs.
  4. The woman next door used to call me Magnum, which I was quite chuffed with untill I found out it was 'cos I have a long brown face and one leg.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Stubble all the way. Bitches love it.
  6. Got to be full set, its like 2 boot brushes stuck together :thumbup:
  7. I have a full set at Mrs AD's request!
  8. My wife say clean shaven.

As I don't have an opinion of my own!!!!!!!

(She thinks)

Set, cos I'm a lazy barsteward!
  9. Scales...........
  10. Full Set, but well trimmed on a No2 Setting every 3 weeks or so

Wench says she prefers me clean shaven, but on the 3 occasions in the last 17 years when I have scrapped the set off, she cannot wait for it to grow back.
  11. I shave my head as well, just to make sure.
  12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What about your dangleberries, BALListic..? :twisted:
  13. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

All suave, debonair and steely eyed dealers of death should be clean shaven.

Which s why I have a full set!! :)
  14. My first attempt at growing a set produced a very patchy scruffy looking light thatch.It was also extremely itchy and I couldn't wait to get rid of it.Clean shaven ever since.
  15. Is that cos you is Fugly?:laughing3:
  16. Clean shaven and not because anyone was requested it to be so ..... mores the pity.
  17. I'm just too skin to grow one! (maybe not essence, though)
  18. Mrs W liked me with a set but I shaved off the day I left the mob and have stayed that way. Preferred a full set when serving as I didn't have to bother shaving in the morning and therefore could never be picked up for it by SPB's fashion police.
  19. Having seen the thread on the AIB and beards, I thought I might give this a bump!
  20. When on the Centaur and out in the far flung, I was in charge of the flight deck fire crew, to combat the rash from the fearnought collars, I arranged with the FDO that the lads could go unshaved whilst at sea.So it was a case of being allowed to be scruffy. Encouraged some to maintain sets. Today I retain that 'scruffy' look and like it at number 2 setting.