FTRS

Tall_bloke

Lantern Swinger
Howdy!
Does anyone know what the score is with FTRS these days? I'm pretty arsed off with my civvy job and fancy doing some FTRS for a bit, just to get out of the rat race for a while. I know there are heaps of billets in places that are nice and warm, and where the mortar fire is light to moderate for this time of year - but I was hoping for somewhere based in the UK. A 2 year contract would suit me just fine! :afro:

Tall_bloke said:
Howdy!
Does anyone know what the score is with FTRS these days? I'm pretty arsed off with my civvy job and fancy doing some FTRS for a bit, just to get out of the rat race for a while. I know there are heaps of billets in places that are nice and warm, and where the mortar fire is light to moderate for this time of year - but I was hoping for somewhere based in the UK. A 2 year contract would suit me just fine! :afro:
Just join up as a regular, good pay lots of time off and a pension to boot. Go to exotic places and catch exotic ailments

trehorn2

Lantern Swinger
Tall_bloke said:
Howdy!
Get a job in the telecommunications industry.

They're desperate for tall camp people. ^~

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Tall_bloke said:
Howdy!
Judging by your emoticon, you'd better get your haircut first... :wink:

Tall_bloke

Lantern Swinger
""Get a job in the telecommunications industry.
They're desperate for tall camp people. ""
Hah! Yeah maybe I could join that navy that the Village People are always singing about, eh?!?!?!?

tufty

Lantern Swinger
rosinacarley said:
Full Time Reserve Service

You can come outside and walk into a RN post, or you can go across from the RNR into a full time post
Cheers - don't want to do that - thanks anyway :)

Tall_bloke

Lantern Swinger
Mate I would flippin join up tomorrow if they'd have me. Sadly though, because I'm at the grand old age of 40 I don't think they'd take me - unless they're thinking of opening a new colostomy bag emptying branch. Who knows, maybe the US Navy has one of those?!?!? :toilet: :tp:

TF110

Lantern Swinger
Very little FTRS exists unless you are ex Regular or 'in' with OMOBs. Its run as a private members club, with those in favour getting a sniff of the vacancies and those not being told "Nothing today but I'll see what I can do". The person in charge of the scheme has been in post for far too long!

Tall_bloke

Lantern Swinger
Hmmmmmmm. Yes I did get that impression when I rang the number I was given to enquire about FTRS Billets. I remember the time afew years ago when they were offering 2 year contracts in Gib Commcen. Good God I would bite their hand off for that billet now!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
onewatchtoomany Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
Shakey Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 15
Reservist-Monkey Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 23