FTRS

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Tall_bloke, Aug 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Howdy!
    Does anyone know what the score is with FTRS these days? I'm pretty arsed off with my civvy job and fancy doing some FTRS for a bit, just to get out of the rat race for a while. I know there are heaps of billets in places that are nice and warm, and where the mortar fire is light to moderate for this time of year - but I was hoping for somewhere based in the UK. A 2 year contract would suit me just fine! :afro:

2. FTRS ?

3. Full Time Reserve Service

You can come outside and walk into a RN post, or you can go across from the RNR into a full time post

4. Just join up as a regular, good pay lots of time off and a pension to boot. Go to exotic places and catch exotic ailments

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Fookin' ell, PINCH - you ben at the crystal meth again?! Recommending someone to join up?! 8O :lol:

6. Get a job in the telecommunications industry.

They're desperate for tall camp people. ^~

7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Judging by your emoticon, you'd better get your haircut first... :wink:

8. ""Get a job in the telecommunications industry.
    They're desperate for tall camp people. ""
    Hah! Yeah maybe I could join that navy that the Village People are always singing about, eh?!?!?!?

9. Cheers - don't want to do that - thanks anyway :)

10. Mate I would flippin join up tomorrow if they'd have me. Sadly though, because I'm at the grand old age of 40 I don't think they'd take me - unless they're thinking of opening a new colostomy bag emptying branch. Who knows, maybe the US Navy has one of those?!?!? :toilet: :tp:

11. Very little FTRS exists unless you are ex Regular or 'in' with OMOBs. Its run as a private members club, with those in favour getting a sniff of the vacancies and those not being told "Nothing today but I'll see what I can do". The person in charge of the scheme has been in post for far too long!

12. Hmmmmmmm. Yes I did get that impression when I rang the number I was given to enquire about FTRS Billets. I remember the time afew years ago when they were offering 2 year contracts in Gib Commcen. Good God I would bite their hand off for that billet now!