FTRS Pay Rates

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Hi Boffins,

I’ve searched the site without success. Does anyone know how FTRS Pay rates work in context with pension payments. I’m on the 75 pension rates and can’t seem to find a simple guide anywhere on the net. UPO doesn’t seem to be able to give me a straight answer.

Polto

War Hero
I'm on the 75 Pension.
I receive full pay for my rate minus the x-factor (15%) as I am home commitment only.
My pension is abated (not paid basically) except for an amount that makes up the 15% x-factor loss which I conveniently receive later in the month from the pension agency.

I have no idea where all this is laid down in greater detail but basically, that's how it works for me. I end up on full pay for the rate.

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
Hi Boffins,

I’ve searched the site without success. Does anyone know how FTRS Pay rates work in context with pension payments. I’m on the 75 pension rates and can’t seem to find a simple guide anywhere on the net. UPO doesn’t seem to be able to give me a straight answer.
There is an article in this about abatement when joining FTRS with an AFPS 75 pension. If it doesn't help, send me a PM.

Levers_Aligned

War Hero
I'm on the 75 Pension.
I receive full pay for my rate minus the x-factor (15%) as I am home commitment only.
My pension is abated (not paid basically) except for an amount that makes up the 15% x-factor loss which I conveniently receive later in the month from the pension agency.

I have no idea where all this is laid down in greater detail but basically, that's how it works for me. I end up on full pay for the rate.
This is the same for me, and exactly how it works.

Now Hammond has raised the upper tax threshold too, it means my pensh to me doesn't take much a of a battering either!

Trebles all round!

Levers

QUARTERDECK_PO

Midshipman
Shipmates,
I have a wee bit more complicated ( i think) questions ...Im currently PO RNR...ex PO RN and looks like i might be in with a shout at an FTRS job...a couple of answers i cant find...Its a FC billet so no reduction...does anybody know what pay level RNR go into FTRS at (3 years in RNR)...No doubt lost all seniority etc from RN? ... I checked TOCS without any joy......Any info much appreciated