FTRS effect of pay rise on pension abatement

theoldti

Lantern Swinger
Been on FTRS (ltd) since April 19 and just had a letter from the pension guys that my pension will be abated more after the recent pay rise. It works out that after my FTRS pay and reduced pension I get £0 increase. Because the pay rise came in September and backdated to April I actually owe the pension peeps money as they have overplayed me. Has anyone else had this issue?

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
So, you joined in April 19 and your abatement was set using the pre-pay rise figure. Then the pay rise was announced and back dated to April. That would trigger the original calculation to be revisited I'm afraid.

I will check with HQ tomorrow to see if members have raise the issue with them.

theoldti

Lantern Swinger
Thanks guys. I have 2 issues about this:

1. I am new to FTRS but it looks to me that if I get a pay rise on my RN salary, that is cancelled out by a reduction in pension. This seems unfair.

2. The pay rise was announced in July and implemented in September yet it has taken 4 months from implementation to inform me that my pension payments are wrong. This is unacceptable.

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
I can only comment on the first point, theoldti. Pay rises going forward should not generate a reassessment of the abatement. A promotion or entering into a new contract will.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anchor Faced FTRS Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
SILVER_FOX FTRS Pay Rates UPO/Careers Office 14
vauxhall Leaving Regular Service & Re-joining the FTRS Finance & Pensions 12
K Does time served with FTRS count towards the 20/40 EDP time? Finance & Pensions 5
S Joining FTRS Finance & Pensions 11
panda FTRS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
G FTRS The Quarterdeck 47
witsend FTRS on 05 pension. Finance & Pensions 0
panda FTRS??? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 17
S FTRS Current Affairs 29
D how to transfer to regs or FTRS from RMR RMR 3
onewatchtoomany FTRS Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 1
T FTRS Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 11
Shakey MTO Branch - FTRS requirement Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 15
Reservist-Monkey FTRS Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 23
MoD_RSS Rule of six comes into effect to tackle coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New study to understand effect of COVID-19 on veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National Minimum and Living Wage increases come into effect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Trustees to mitigate the effect of unequal GMP's on pension income MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Biggest ever increase to National Living Wage comes into effect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Safeguards governing investigatory powers come into effect MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New research will examine effect of gender norms on men and boys MoD News 0
G Will my eye condition effect my application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 34
D How will Scottish Independence effect the military? Current Affairs 18
M Will debt effect my rn appliacation??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
soleil ThisIsSomerset: "Lynx Effect Sparked Love Of Helicopters" The Fleet Air Arm 0
M The "Cameron effect" on recruitment Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
jesse Rum Ration is having a strange effect on me! Diamond Lil's 1
G Afghanistan effect on mental health Current Affairs 5
D Effect of the bad economy on RN recruitment? The Fleet 59
J Ignual Hernia effect my eligibility to join the RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
GSSR_Vvd Deployment to effect full time application??? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Advice for people who are struggling to pay essential bills because of coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Preparing to Pay MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World leaders pay tribute as nation falls silent to mark 75th anniversary of the end of the Second World War MoD News 0
MoD_RSS World leaders pay tribute as nation falls silent to mark the 75th anniversary of the end of the Second World War MoD News 0
soleil Armed Forces’ Pay Review Body - Forty-Ninth Report - July 2020 The Fleet 0
soleil Armed Forces Pay Review Body - 49th Report - 2020 Finance & Pensions 3
MoD_RSS Police to receive 2.5% pay increase MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Teachers set for biggest pay rise in fifteen years MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces personnel to receive 2% pay rise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS doctors and dentists to receive 2.8% pay rise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pay rises for doctors, police and more in the public sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Musical instrument firms to pay millions after breaking competition law MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus sick pay scheme opens for applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme set to launch MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Low Pay Commission urges action on illegal underpayment of apprentices MoD News 0
soleil Helensburgh Advertiser: "Royal Navy To Pay Faslane Tribute On VE Day 75th Anniversary" Bases / Shore Est 7
I Pay in Phase 1 and Phase 2 training for a rating Joining the Royal Navy 35
MoD_RSS General public should not have to pay for 101 non-emergency calls from tomorrow MoD News 0