Fruit bats

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by tentoes, Jun 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. World fruit bats championships, do you think we can get it off the ground? Any PTI's at CTC fancy jacking it up for RMCTF?
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You can get fucked if you think I'm hanging off those beams in the weapon's training sheds down on the bottom field again.
  3. Can I take that as a no then? Maybe if it was like a horse racing night, where you have to bet on Potential Royal Marines?
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  4. wet_blobby

Cant call a Nod a Nod? Why not, we were all nods once, not as if it's rasict or derogatory.

And yes, you are correct I wont be entering into any competition dreamt up by a bored PW.
  5. The Sausage factory has become very PC now, and such "games"^_~ have become much a thing of the past, personally I feel such games made us the men we are today, fight through pain and carry on etc. did you know there is a punishment book system in place where a maximum of 10 press ups (it does not stipulate a time limit though, arms bend......and stretch) is the only "corrective training" allowed to be issued? No more straight point fire trench races, human wardrobes, murder ball games etc.

PS was HW myself not PW:thumbup:
  6. wet_blobby

HW....... you sir are a God among gravs :)

I'm still having an epic fail to see the bad in the name "Nod". beats "scrote" that was our term of affection from the TT.

(I grew up playing with wombats, the old fella was HW)
  7. You and I both on the Nod front, I'm guessing its the same reasoning behind the change of PRC to PRMC.
    Our DL used to refer to us as "scroths" a mixture of a scrote and a sloth=D
  8. Fruitbats - oh joy - having to hold my feet up as well so they didn't touch the floor was an added bonus!

Concur with the Nod name - nowt wrong with it

As i get bored easily the PW branch was a natural calling for me ..............

just leaving now to do some clay pigeon shooting - still love the smell of cordite.....or whatever it is called these days

just a thought - if i was allowed to keep my feet on the floor then i would enter myself for the fruitbat competition -:)
  9. wet_blobby

I remember a a good friend of mine doing fruit bats just after I'd had a play at them, full fighting order, wet, 58 pattern webbing, tears streaming down his face, singing flower o' Scotland. He never let go. **** of an idea played out by passed over Corporals playing it large with the most vulnerable members of the Corps. ******* *******.
  10. Throughout my time in the Corps from junior to senior, we created "games" when bored, most of which involved some kind of physical challenge/pain, however maybe that was just a SP Coy thing. As for passed over Corporals, I can only comment on my TT, two (one PW one SC) of which also happened to be on my Jnr's and Snrs TT. Some PW's did elevate themselves to "God like" status wilst serving at CTC, but not all. Sorry to have stirred up bad memorys for you old chap, not my intent.

PS I did say I wasn't a PW, I didn't say I wasn't a ******! :thumleft:
  11. Reading through this thread I've got the HW bit as Heavy Weapons but wtf does PW standfor? and I think you'll find playing wth wombats is illegal (and I do know a wombat is for playing wom).

Confused of Deepsland.
  12. Platoons Weapons Instructor, they used to be the bulk of training team staff at CTC back then and I think you'll find its "fiddling" with wombats thats illegal. :biggrin:
  13. My TT played 'Spoons' (KFS spoon for the nod BFO ladle for the TT) a few times, on range days they liked to get us to perform 'Bill and Ben' sketches (Two nods in slit trench bobbing up and down going "Weeeed, blobaflodablob" You had to be there.) in the post bagrat afterglow.
    Fruitbats was only seen once in my section, after we'd all monged about with SMG drills and fcuked off Cpl E***son big time. I still bear the dent in my swede from an SMG foresight. He was a good egg usually, his wife must have had the painters in that week. :)
  14. Eros choc ice anyone?
  15. Ta'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
  16. I never fell for the old "who wants a choc ice" classic, however I did have the good fortune to have an eros Birthday cake! Oh how we chuckled.
  17. Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  18. On a run- ashore with some locals in the Seychelles we were treated to a sumptuous feast of curried fruit bat.
  19. How about a cook off? My Fruit bat cake to your Fruit bat curry...............
  20. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

I've tried 'translate' but still can't understand what the fcuk you're all talking about !!